Best IEMs / canalphones in terms of sibilance
Nov 25, 2007 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aureus

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi, great to see you back online
wink.gif

I have a problem with in-ears. Both my EP-630 and the MylarOne X3 (much better than the Creative) produce a slight sibilance, and I’m very sensitive to that. My MylarOne are ok since I got the UE foam tips, but still, it could be better, when I turn the volume up slightly.

Yesterday, I got a pair of AKG K 530 which most of you won’t know, because they’re not sold in America. Anyway, they are very good for their money. And: they handle sibilance much better than my in-ears / canalphones.

What I want to know now is: Which IEMs or Canalphones for less than $120 handle sibilance best? I want to buy a second phone for those CDs which are very sibilant, but I don’t know which. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, nobody? Are my X3 maybe broken? I’m getting X3i soon, did nobody ever hear any sibilance with the X3?

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 5
e4c would I say.... only compared to more high end like e500, tfp10 hd650, sr325i etc... but sometimes like these more without amp and with their rolled off highs and NOT overpowering bass (wich I noticed on the e500), alll the mentioned phones eat the e4c bigtime with propper amp tho..--- IMO offc. =)

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks, might try those. But I will await the X3i first.
By the way, I have a PX100 which doesn’t annoy me at all in terms of sibilance - if I haver had an IEM with that sibilance handling, it would be great! Maybe it’s also because of their dark nature, which I don’t like that much after all.. *lol*

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Well, it's heresy around here, but recently I tried the $99 Bose in ear phones and I found them quite good. I was totally surprised, since I own Triple-Fi's, UM2s, Shure E500s, and Ety 4P's. The Bose units are very smooth, not sibilant at all, good bass and adequate detail, with a nice large soundstage. Certainly not as articulate as the other phones, but they are very enjoyable and priced right at $99. You can find them discounted to around $80 at some places on the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back