Best IEMs between $100-150 for clarity/preciseness?
Apr 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thor777

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase my first set of quality IEMs and was wondering which ones are good at the $100-150 price range. I looked at SE310, IE6, SuperFi 4/5, Klipsch Custom2/3, Monster Turbine, etc....but not sure which ones I should get. I listen to all kinds of music, but mainly electronica, jpop, and adult contemporary. I don't need really heavy bass but some would definitely be good for electronica. I even looked at sub $100 phones like Image S4, RE0, SE115, etc....there's just too many to choose from, lol

Oh, and I recently bought a pair of AD700s and a 8GB Fuze. I really love the large soundstage and transparency of the AD700s and would like something comparable for the IEM except maybe more bass as I think you all know that the AD700 is somewhat lacking in the bass department. I prefer preciseness and clarity over funness.

Please help!!

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 3
Options to check out:

Best things coming to mind for what you describe are the RE0, Panasonic HJE900, and the Phonak Audeo PFE. Keep in mind that none of those will give you the soundstage of the AD700.

The RE0 and PFE are more like your AD700, while the HJE900 will proly have a good deal more Bass and be harsher at the top at first, but they still have great transparency and soundstage. The RE252 might be a great option if you could stretch your price.

Another cheap option would be the thinksound rain, which are quite transparent.

Discaimer: I've only heard(and own) the pannies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back