Best IEMs around $300
Jul 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

theriseoftroy

Head-Fier
I have been back and forth between IEMs and another pair of closed-back over-the-ear headphones for a few weeks now. After realizing that IEMs would be more practical for me, I had no clue as to what to look for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I listen to lots of jazz, IDM, ambient, classical, hip-hop, folk, bluegrass, jam-rock. I will be using a Fiio Mont Blanc with these so powering something high-impedance will not be a problem, although I am guessing it usually isn't an issue with IEMs.

Some products I have been eying are:

Monster - Miles Davis Trumpet
Monster - Turbine Pro Gold/Copper
Heir Audio - 3.Ai
Etymotic - ER-4PT
Logitech - UE900
Shure - 315CL
RHA - MA750

All the best,

Troy

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 9
I'd say the UE900, though the DN2000 is also really good.

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 9
I have the Westone W40, though it is much more expensive than the ones listed here.

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #8 of 9
Save yourself some money - T-Peos Altone200 triple hybrid.

My review here - http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11304

Watch for impressions coming in as first people start receiving theirs this week.  These really are something special .....

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 9
I have been back and forth between IEMs and another pair of closed-back over-the-ear headphones for a few weeks now. After realizing that IEMs would be more practical for me, I had no clue as to what to look for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I listen to lots of jazz, IDM, ambient, classical, hip-hop, folk, bluegrass, jam-rock. I will be using a Fiio Mont Blanc with these so powering something high-impedance will not be a problem, although I am guessing it usually isn't an issue with IEMs.

Some products I have been eying are:

Monster - Miles Davis Trumpet
Monster - Turbine Pro Gold/Copper
Heir Audio - 3.Ai
Etymotic - ER-4PT
Logitech - UE900
Shure - 315CL
RHA - MA750

All the best,

Troy

If u go with the Shures save ur cash and go with the 215 or the 215 LTD edition

Users who are viewing this thread