Best IEM Workout/Running Headphones?
Apr 17, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #33 of 61
Anyone tried the sennheiser sports line? MX/PMX/CX 680

Apr 17, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #34 of 61

Quote:
Anyone tried the sennheiser sports line? MX/PMX/CX 680

Yep, look at my post somewhere in the thread. I got the PMX 680 and it's the best I've tried for running/sports. It is very lightweight, doesn't fall off your head no matter how hard you run/flip/roll. SQ is just okay but it should be adequate for sports.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #36 of 61
Isn't a big factor the type of cable? I didn't like the older Shure SE530 because of the heavy cord. Wearing cable around the ears is a helpful technique for securing the phones while reducing cablephonics.

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #37 of 61

Quote:
Wait, the Se215s don't come with a shirt clip? :frowning2:(

To be honest they don't really need one. The only problem I really see with the 215's is how long the cable is, at least for me. Since it's an over-ear design, they're pretty secure on your ears, as well as decreasing microphonics, so they're a fairly good choice in that regard. Sound signature, on the other hand is another thing. They're a bit too low-orientated for me.

May 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #38 of 61
I'm surprised I haven't seen a lot of talk about the Bose IE2.

Yes, the Shure SE215 sound great, but the Bose IE2 sound just as great in my opinion, plus that neat little ear fin design they have is super comfortable and secure.  Though, I'm just not a fan of anything external to the ear, so the inner ear fin is nice for me.

At least check them out: http://www.workoutearbuds.com/bose-ie2-headphones/

I think they were like $50 last I checked, maybe a little more.

May 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #39 of 61
Mhm, I have a review on the Bose IE2 if you want to check it out.  I rate them pretty poorly but for workout phones or anything comfort related they are amazingly comfortable.

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #40 of 61
If it's not too late..

I can highly recommend the Klipsch s4i.

Not only were they pretty light (and completely unobstrusive when running - the remote wasn't heavy at all) - taking calls/volume adjustment/song selection on the run was very very handy.

Then again, if you don't want to be disturbed, just put your phone in airplane mode  (or leave it at home!
rolleyes.gif
)

Worked fine with my little iPod nano - though I could really hear the difference in sound quality when listening to the same song on my (then) iPhone 4 vs. the iPod nano - though I wouldn't count that as a flaw of the IEMs themselves.

Sound isolation was fantastic - kinda made running a bit of a thrill, since you had to pay EXTRA attention to your surroundings so you didn't get hit by a car 
wink_face.gif
  I didn't dare cycle with these on!!

They're very very comfortable - I have very troublesome ear canals that were difficult to fit, so that's another thing going for it.

Sweat etc didn't matter - they stayed very comfortably secured in, with none of the itchiness/irritation from certain IEMs/tips when they've been inserted in for a while.

The only downside for these IEMs were their 'flimsy' cable, which wasn't THAT flimsy but definitely felt like a decent tug wouldn't do it any favours... the release of the new S4II (same headphone, just different tangle-free and durable cabling) ought to have resolved that problem.

Some people have complained the new 'rugged' version of these have a heavy remote.  So I'd probably stick to version 2.0, being the Image s4i(II).

Seriously considering getting another pair of s4i's for runs etc, since I lost my first pair of s4i's!!  Apparently the sound is unchanged, it's just the cabling that's been upgraded.

In short: comfy, sound amazing, solid build quality (cabling issues fixed), LIGHT, unobtrusive to wear, and look great.

Hope this helps!

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #41 of 61
In case you stumble upon this post like I just did:

Try googling Decibullz moldable earbuds & see what you think. They work great for me & I do pretty extreme stuff. The sound is good even tho I often have the volume turned down so I can hear traffic & if my wife is yelling at me. You can leave them in for hours. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #43 of 61
New here, guess i'm ressurecting an old thread.  But, i just picked up the SoundMagic E30.  only used them twice but i think i like them, even bettter than the Meelectronic M6.  Question, anyone using the E30 without the foam cord cover around the ear?  i find it a little thick and uncomfortable.

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #45 of 61
jaybird bluebud x. they might still have the 50$ promo going on, check slickdeals.net for the coupon or the other 5 posts or so that i had previously mentioned the actual coupon code itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back