Best IEM Workout/Running Headphones?
Apr 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #16 of 61
i might get killed by this forum, but i own a pair of Bose MIE2i's and they are excellent. If you go to a gym, or a park, many people use them. They fit very securely in your ears. I recommend them highly!

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #17 of 61
I want to believe the S6 Sport FI is up to the task, but there are many cruddy IEMs out there that are "made for" working out. I'm not confident that marketing or manufacturer's intent necessarily correlate to a complete product.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #19 of 61
I've had my Klipsch Image S4s for several years. Mine have been yanked on, completely covered in sweat (pretty much every time I run), been used in snow and heavy rain, and are completely fine. The Image S5, the new gray one, is a "toughened' version of the S4, so I would recommend that, but even just the normal S4 would probably survive just fine.

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #20 of 61
I have some M6s and M6Ps as my workout rigs. Now, they are nice and stay in place once you get them in that spot. BUT. It can be very difficult to achieve that fit and seal in the very beginning. Its hard to beat a workout rig for around 20$. I just have a hard time spending a lot on headphones when I know they have an increased potential for breakage.

$0.02

Cam

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #21 of 61
The $8 JVC Riptidz sounds quite decent considering the price. It is listed as being both sweat and water resistant.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #22 of 61
Hi stillsearching

As a marathon runner who train 6 times a week and is crazy about deep bass and high volume music, let me recommend you on the Bose® IE2 audio headphones.
I use this pair for 3 years and they survived dozens of sweaty workouts. The sound quality is AMAZING, the silicone tips assure they wont fall out even during the most intense workout.
You can read about them here on http://www.bestrunningearphones.com and you can find there more reviews on earphones for runners.
hope it's no too late: )
John

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #23 of 61

Quote:

I made a similar thread to this a little while ago. I'm having the same issues you are with my s4i's.

I was strongly urged to check out the Shure SE215s...I haven't gotten the chance to get them yet though. But those will definitely be my next gym headphones.

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2 Final :) Pardon errors.]

Hey, I've used my SE215's for the gym a couple of times, that being running, weights and just general fitness. The sound is amazing and the fit is also really good. My only concern is the cable as it is extremely long and can get in the way when you're working out. Also, not sure if the problem still exists with newer batched earphones but the earphones tend to cut out however this is very rare. I highly recommend the SE215's for the gym however, I don't use them as i'm a student and i'm not going to risk a $100 IEM, I use my Etymotic Mc5's instead which get the job done without any problems

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #24 of 61

Quote:

Hey, I've used my SE215's for the gym a couple of times, that being running, weights and just general fitness. The sound is amazing and the fit is also really good. My only concern is the cable as it is extremely long and can get in the way when you're working out. Also, not sure if the problem still exists with newer batched earphones but the earphones tend to cut out however this is very rare. I highly recommend the SE215's for the gym however, I don't use them as i'm a student and i'm not going to risk a $100 IEM, I use my Etymotic Mc5's instead which get the job done without any problems

That was one of the problems I felt I had with my SE215's as well. I ended up just coiling the cable around my source and putting it back in my pocket.

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #25 of 61

Quote:
Hi stillsearching
As a marathon runner who train 6 times a week and is crazy about deep bass and high volume music, let me recommend you on the Bose® IE2 audio headphones.
I use this pair for 3 years and they survived dozens of sweaty workouts. The sound quality is AMAZING, the silicone tips assure they wont fall out even during the most intense workout.
You can read about them here on http://www.bestrunningearphones.com and you can find there more reviews on earphones for runners.
hope it's no too late: )
John

nice try Bose.

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #27 of 61
I would also suggest the Klipsch S4I because they are relatively cheap, quite durable, and also has great sound.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #29 of 61
I have a pair of yurbuds and I actually really like them.  The problem is that they sound like absolute crap, but I find that the eartips that they hype up are really as good as they say they are.
They are extremely secure, I can shake my head violently and they won't come out.  They're very comfortable, and the best part for me is that they don't isolate at all.  I've been looking for some earbuds like these for a while, because I really dislike walking without being able to hear my surroundings.  The other bad part is that I think the eartips degrade the sound quality somewhat.  I tried the tips out on some hisound live earbuds, and while they fit on perfectly, they sound strange with the yurbud tips.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #30 of 61

Quote:
I have a pair of yurbuds and I actually really like them.  The problem is that they sound like absolute crap, but I find that the eartips that they hype up are really as good as they say they are.
They are extremely secure, I can shake my head violently and they won't come out.  They're very comfortable, and the best part for me is that they don't isolate at all.  I've been looking for some earbuds like these for a while, because I really dislike walking without being able to hear my surroundings.  The other bad part is that I think the eartips degrade the sound quality somewhat.  I tried the tips out on some hisound live earbuds, and while they fit on perfectly, they sound strange with the yurbud tips.

I read the first sentence and was like, What?!  Then I read the second and said, OK, that makes sense.  That said, get the tips and put them on an earbud :p  I would recommend the Moshi Clarus (they don't isolate), as they'd be a safer choice as they don't isolate.  I think they may be out of the OP's price range though :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back