Best IEM Workout/Running Headphones?
Apr 11, 2012 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

StillSearching

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to purchase a durable and secure set of headphones to wear when I go running or workout at the gym. I should say that generally, I have a really tough time actually getting any earbuds to stay put in my (apparently oddly-shaped) ear canals, not to mention when I start sweating. The best luck I've ever had is with a pair of $100 Shures. Unfortunately, they really weren't conducive to working out, as they'd slip out when I got too sweaty, and eventually one of the buds would go deaf from water or perhaps motion damage. I've gone through two pairs of Shures now, and I thought I'd ask for some help before I commit more dough to a less than satisfying product. For the last month or so, I was using a pair of cheap sony's, and they didn't last long at all. I read in another thread the Ironman Yurbuds are an all-around good choice. However, there seem to be quite a few disgruntled reviews on Amazon, and I'm hesitant to flush more money down the drain if there's a better choice out there. More than anything I'd value a pair of IEMs that will not fall out when I run or start to sweat, and are also durable enough to make them last awhile. I'm willing to pay more for a quality product, but at this point I'm not sure there's a pair out there up to the challenge.

Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate any help or advice you can offer. Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 61
http://www.meelec.com/M6_Series_earphones_s/246.htm
Amazon will be cheaper. $20.....Shoot I might get a backup...lol
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M6-BK-Sound-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334125354&sr=8-1

This is their brand new product, no reviews of yet. but if they are anything like the M6..You'll love them

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/397.htm

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 61
I'm looking for nearly the same type of IEMs , and have similar problems with breakage (been through 3 pairs of UE triple fi 9s and a set of clip ATHs..) and fitting (my ear canals are very big). Any other suggestions would be hugely appreciated.  Id prefer something under $60, but would go as high as $140 if there was something worth it.

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 61

Quote:
Will any in the M6 series do? You sound pretty confident, is there anything in particular that makes you prefer the M6s?

The M6P  has a mic, So you get black or clear...Bottom line" sound"  They sound amazing.  Bass is nice and punchy, not sub woofer like, it does has a small hump but not distracting by any means.  Mids are slightly pulled back but isn't bad at all.  treble is nice and sparkly...Very detailed...I say the IEMs are slightly v-shaped, but not bad at all...It has a nice 3-d image too, hard to find in this price range.   Also the comfort, they just melt in your ears...Can wear them while sleeping.  The big plus also is customer service...If you have any problems the guys take care of it fast as lightning...
Joker reviewed them in his massive post...the guy has a very good ear...might wanna check it out..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-234-iems-compared-ue-500-paradigm-shift-e3m-added-04-08-12

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 61
e30s is another option, Personally I like the M6 sound better but as we know everyones ears are different...the e30s build worries me..If I'm running I always worry I'm gonna snap them, the M6s, I have no worries...Hell  pick em both up...$57 bucks shipped from Amazon, still a good deal for 2 sets...For sure not gonna break the bank.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #9 of 61

I made a similar thread to this a little while ago. I'm having the same issues you are with my s4i's.

I was strongly urged to check out the Shure SE215s...I haven't gotten the chance to get them yet though. But those will definitely be my next gym headphones.

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2 Final :) Pardon errors.]

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #10 of 61

Quote:
The M6P  has a mic, So you get black or clear...Bottom line" sound"  They sound amazing.  Bass is nice and punchy, not sub woofer like, it does has a small hump but not distracting by any means.  Mids are slightly pulled back but isn't bad at all.  treble is nice and sparkly...Very detailed...I say the IEMs are slightly v-shaped, but not bad at all...It has a nice 3-d image too, hard to find in this price range.   Also the comfort, they just melt in your ears...Can wear them while sleeping.  The big plus also is customer service...If you have any problems the guys take care of it fast as lightning...
Joker reviewed them in his massive post...the guy has a very good ear...might wanna check it out..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-234-iems-compared-ue-500-paradigm-shift-e3m-added-04-08-12

I own the M6 (clear ones) which are without mics. Like magicman has said in his short review, its a bang for the buck earpiece. It's stylish, and nice. The eartips come in variety, and a case. It's also waterproof on the outside (if you wear it the nozzle is blocked) and can be used in the rain. +1 for the M6 with or without mic

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #11 of 61
StillSearching, I recommend the Sennheiser PMX 680. Hands down, best workout earbuds - they are extremely lightweight and wouldn't fall off your ears. I've tried sprinting, jumping, "rolling" and it wouldn't come off. It's also sweat/waterproof. Sound quality is not amazing, but will be adequate for workouts. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back