Best IEM upgrade around $150?
Dec 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pentlander

New Head-Fier
Hi right now I have a pair of Klipsch Image S4's and I love them, but over time I've started to notice the muddy trebles, especially with cymbals. I can hear a huge difference when I listen to my A700's. So I'm looking to get another pair of IEM's that have quality bass, but also clear uppers that aren't harsh. I mostly listen to metal and alternative rock, with some dubstep. I'm not really looking to spend more than $150. Thanks in advance

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 5
The Etymotic HF5(crisp, clear, very detailed mids and extended highs with good bass response), Brainwavz B2(detailed extended highs, goods mids and bass), JVC FXT90(deep rich bass, crisp, clear mids and extended highs), Sony EX600(very detailed in mids, highs with deep bass and wide soundstage) are highly recommended.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies. The Sony EX600's seem like what i want, but they don't seem like i can just stick them in my pocket without getting destroyed. Is there anything similar to them? I'm not sure if the others you mentions will have enough bass for my liking.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm looking at the the UE Triplefi's and the JVC FXT90's. What are the advantages of one vs the other?

Also I'm mostly going to be using these with my phone and I don't have an amp and don't plan on getting one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back