Best IEM under $500
Dec 15, 2012 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ratamacue

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Head-fi. I'm interested in finding the most accurate and neutral IEM under $500. I don't want bass, mids or highs emphasized over one another. I primarily listen to jazz and classical. Vocal reproduction is also important. Don't really have the opportunity to demo. Suggestions?

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 7
I even own the UE900s, can't believe they totally skipped my mind. They are a nice set of IEMs but I always find myself reaching for the Westone 3s as the UE900s just never seem to sit right, in my ear. Occasionally they fit perfectly, but the ergonomics are just not able to match those of the Westone 3s. As for how they sound, they are fairly neutral but not in anyway boring, bass always has enough impact, mids are prominent and highs aren't too harsh or fatiguing.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 7
I have owned the Etymotic er4's for years and never felt the need to upgrade. They are my reference standard for portable phones. The etys are everything you are looking for in accuracy and neutrality. I listen mainly to acoustic and classical and they are perfect. Save a couple hundred bucks and upgrade your source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back