Best IEM under $150 for Fiio x3 2nd Gen
Jul 31, 2015 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ThatStKildaGuy

Previously known as ScuseMe
Hi All

I am looking for recommendations for the above player.
It seems that the fiio x3 2nd gen is the best under $200 in this forum, in Australia its $260
Here's info about my listening style

Music Format: Lossless

Listening volume: medium to high

I like Moby/ Classical/ Vocal Trance/ Pink Floyd/Ambient

I like great sound stage

Narrowing my choice of IEM to Shure SE215, Vsonic GR07 and Dunu Titan 1, HiFiman RE400  which can be had for under $150 (Aus $200)

I don't want an external amp and don't want to mod
I listen to 2 to 3 hours per day and about an hour at night in bed at lower volumes

I don't have the chance to audition all these so it's with your recommendation that I'll choose

Please ask me if there's anything else you need to know

T.I.A

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 4
The Titan-1 may win out if soundstage is your only requirement (or more important than isolation). Also, look at the new Fidue A73.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/fidue-a73-dual-drivers-iem-earphones-with-smartphone-controls-mic.html

Head-Fi reviews - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Many Thanks SteveHiFi, Sound stage is certainly up there, however The usual sonic values such as tight bass, extended highs still remain. Although I'm interested in what the majority of fiio x3 2nd gen users pair as their IEM's

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #4 of 4
I don't want an external amp and don't want to mod

With the Fiio X3 you should not need an external amp. It will have plenty of power for any IEM that you can throw at it :)

Although I'm interested in what the majority of fiio x3 2nd gen users pair as their IEM's

I doubt that there are any specific "pairings" that X3 users choose. Get the IEMs that seem like they would fit you the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back