Best IEM Under 100 for sleeping time
Oct 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

samu

Head-Fier
Hi, these might be a common question to look for budget IEM under 100 bucks, but I am looking for something that I can use while sleeping. It might have a good durability since it will be using for sleep, a nice noise cancelling might work (not ANC *if there's actually any) but not that necessary since every IEM provide enough noise cancelling. 

My current In Ear Headphone is MONSTER Purity and I am pretty much like the sound characteristic and details. I hope that I can get pretty much the same sound signature or even better (I think that Monster Purity/Nokia WH-920 is quite recessed in treble and the bass a little bit flat) Any other features such as control talk is not necessary.

But the most important thing is that it have to be build flat, means that I can use while I am lying sideways on my pillows. My Monster Purity is very big and not to comfortable to lay on top of it. 

UE600 looks nice but I found some people complaining about the durability.
Really appreciate the help guys 
darthsmile.gif

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 18
For $10-20, I feel that the Philips SHE3580/3590 is worth a shot. Especially when worn over-ear, they don't stick out at all. I use comply tips to tame the bass and treble a bit, smooths it out. They sit on my nightstand so they're my go to iems for listening at night.

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 18
+1 on the SHE3590

Since you're wearing them to sleep, the small form factor of this should be good for this. They perform decently for the price tag too. 

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 18
I have used the Mee M6 for sleeping and they worked very well. Put some Comply tips on them for maximum comfort. The key to sleeping (for me) is an IEM than will sit flush with the ear (I'm a side sleeper). Westone, Shure or the Mee M6 all do this. The M6 isn't a great sounding IEM, but for under $20, it works very well for this application.

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 18
I have been using Sennheiser CX 300 II on a daily basis for the past 2 years.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 18
For $10-20, I feel that the Philips SHE3580/3590 is worth a shot. Especially when worn over-ear, they don't stick out at all. I use comply tips to tame the bass and treble a bit, smooths it out. They sit on my nightstand so they're my go to iems for listening at night.

I was using Philips SHE8000 before went to the Purity. The bass is kinda tubby but in an acceptable one. I like how it sound with the treble sparkle. I will check this SHE3590 out, hope it would be a better one. And one thing, I use the SHE8000 for sleep and I admit it comfy enough to wear. 

In my country here I am not yet found any store who sell Comply ear-tips, I like their build comfort really. I have TDK earphone which come together with it.

Anyway, many thanks for you 
atsmile.gif

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 18
  +1 on the SHE3590

Since you're wearing them to sleep, the small form factor of this should be good for this. They perform decently for the price too

Thanks for the advice 
atsmile.gif
 I start my younger audio piece with Philips, most of them have nice decent earphones in that price range.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 18
I have used the Mee M6 for sleeping and they worked very well. Put some Comply tips on them for maximum comfort. The key to sleeping (for me) is an IEM than will sit flush with the ear (I'm a side sleeper). Westone, Shure or the Mee M6 all do this. The M6 isn't a great sounding IEM, but for under $20, it works very well for this application.

Yeah, me too! I am a side sleeper as well. Well, I am actually looking for a nice sounding one so up to 50-100 bucks is still in budget. I never heard Mee's product before. Well, I might found Shure or Westone in a store that I know but never try any of their items. Thanks anyway.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #12 of 18
Not to throw this off topic or anything, but you guys should be careful wearing headphones all night. Seems like a recipe for developing tinnitus or some other hearing related illness. As someone who has a constant ringing in my ears from too much loud music and whatnot just wanted to give my 2 cents...

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #13 of 18
  Not to throw this off topic or anything, but you guys should be careful wearing headphones all night. Seems like a recipe for developing tinnitus or some other hearing related illness. As someone who has a constant ringing in my ears from too much loud music and whatnot just wanted to give my 2 cents...

My ipod switches off after one hour.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #14 of 18
  Not to throw this off topic or anything, but you guys should be careful wearing headphones all night. Seems like a recipe for developing tinnitus or some other hearing related illness. As someone who has a constant ringing in my ears from too much loud music and whatnot just wanted to give my 2 cents..

Well, I will set the playlist not to replay, so it will stop after around 1 hrs. If played it all night long, I won't hear my alarm in the morning and that would be very bad 
happy_face1.gif
 Anyway, don't like to crank music up, I lost all the detail (mark Detail-Head) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back