Best IEM under $100 for rap??
Mar 16, 2008 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

p2592b

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased an 80gb iPod classic and want to upgrade from my Skullcandy earbuds. I mainly listen to rap and rock and I enjoy detailed mids and highs with a moderate amount of detailed bass I am currently looking at the d-jays and the ER6i's, what would you guys recommend?

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 11
ER6i's are great for highs and detail, but fail at the lower end you're looking for when listening to rap.

D-jay's I cannot comment.

Well, I'm sure someone will recommend you something.

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER6i's are great for highs and detail, but fail at the lower end you're looking for when listening to rap.

D-jay's I cannot comment.

Well, I'm sure someone will recommend you something.

Do you think that the iPod bass booster would be able to accommodate for the ER6i's lack of bass?

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #4 of 11
i would suggest NOT getting ER6is. Though the ipod bass boost helps a bit, I'm sure there are more fitting options. I have the Denon AH c700, which are canalphones, so they dont isolate quite as well as IEMs, but still pretty well, and they might be going for slightly more than 100, but I really like them. Great, sparkly, wonderful treble, and a pretty full, smooth and dynamic/vibrant sound all around. They aren't bass heavy, but they have always provided me with enough bass to satisfy my soul.

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #5 of 11
Best Bass I have ever heard in IEM is Futuresonics artio m5/m8. They're going to run you 130 minimum though. You wont find anything better at that price.

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #6 of 11
SF5EB, JBL refference.....

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #8 of 11
I listen to mostly rap and rock, and I'm very happy with MylarOne X3i's

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by p2592b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Atrio's are out of my price range.

Yah.. by a measly 30 bucks.. (totally worth it by the way)
biggrin.gif

My second choice under Atrios would be Mylarone X3i (if you really want to be tight on money).

These 2 are really the best choices when it comes to performance for the money.

Either way, you're going to be pretty happy to ditch those skull candys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back