Best IEM recommendation for M9 Plus
Aug 30, 2023 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Dj Koo

New Head-Fier
I am recently using the shanling m9 plus for my first flagship dap.
Could you recommend the best IEM for this dap around 1,000$~2,000$ ever used.
I think this m9 plus has the littile bit fun character and emphasizing the bass, so
my multiverse mentor feels not the best between them.

Thanks!!

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 16
What didn't you like about the pairing of the Multiverse Mentor and the M9+?
Hi, cause M9+ veils the Mentor’s high and mid. First when I matched right after getting Mentor in my line-up, it seems so heavy sound or muddy. I thought it is the Mentor’s character but I came to know it it because of the DAP after matching with H7. The sound came to more open and so good to hear around the mid and bass. H7 is more high edge and light sound DAP.
That is why I am looking to find the best match IEM for M9+.

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 16
I do not own the M9+ but I am considering purchasing one as I'm looking for a New DAP. I'm hoping to audition the M9+ at CanJam SoCal. I haven't tried any Shanling devices but the described house sound would be a good fit for my listening habits.

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 16
You may want to research 64 Audio's offerings specifically the U12t, U18s, U18t to see if any of those IEMs would have good synergy.

I would also recommend posting your question in the Watercooler Thread. I have found that thread to be a Gold mine for information about IEMs, cables, and DAP pairings.

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #9 of 16
You may want to research 64 Audio's offerings specifically the U12t, U18s, U18t to see if any of those IEMs would have good synergy.

I would also recommend posting your question in the Watercooler Thread. I have found that thread to be a Gold mine for information about IEMs, cables, and DAP pairings.

And I wonder that which DAP do you match with the Mentor?

Aug 30, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #10 of 16
All right. Thank U so much for your reccomendation and sharing those Thread. I am newby so I might not have the authority to enter but I will try.
I have MEST MK2 and this is good paring with M9+ . Have try at Canjam.
You'd be welcome in the Watercooler! I will definitely try my MEST MKII with the M9+.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #13 of 16
I see. I thought the Mentor should be matched with high-end flagship dap for the more perfect sound, but it seems the source can be more lighter like yours. I should change my mind about it. HAHA.
I haven't heard a pairing that I disliked from any of the gear in my signature. My ears tell me that the Mentor being paired with a warmer source sounds best for my listening habits. I've also found that using medium small Azla Xelastec Eartips were best for the seal and bone conduction impact. I like a warm leaning presentation with dense sound, excellent staging, good to great instrument separation, some treble sparkle and no sibilance. Pretty much anything that heightens the enjoyment of listening to music.

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #14 of 16
I haven't heard a pairing that I disliked from any of the gear in my signature. My ears tell me that the Mentor being paired with a warmer source sounds best for my listening habits. I've also found that using medium small Azla Xelastec Eartips were best for the seal and bone conduction impact. I like a warm leaning presentation with dense sound, excellent staging, good to great instrument separation, some treble sparkle and no sibilance. Pretty much anything that heightens the enjoyment of listening to music.
Thansk for sharing your preference!! Let's have more talk again sometime on the web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back