Best IEM Holder/Case?
May 22, 2011 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

seaskimmer

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.

I am looking to buy a case to store my IEM's in when not in use. The IEM's are currently in the mail so I thought I would just think ahead. The IEM's to be stored would be Triple.fi's which I am considering getting a remold for at a later date.

Right now I see the two main options would be a Otterbox 1000 case or Pelican 1050. I am leaning towards the Pelican currently since (from what I see at least) it includes foam that goes inside.

I am preferring a waterproof case at the moment as yes, I have had my stuff extremely wet (in the lake wet) before - at least it was a good excuse for me to throw out my ibuds.

Any suggestions/help are welcome!

-Dave

May 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 5
Whoa. I was thinking of a reply when I was reading the title of this thread before I clicked on it, and it seems that you already mentioned it in the first post. I'm using custom molds with my ER-4S, and I'm able to fit them in my otterbox 1000 waterproof hardcase. The case gives me great piece of mind; I highly recommend them. I know nothing about the pelican case, however. I'm not sure if you're going to need foam, but then again, my custom molds + ER-4P + ER4P-24 (p to s converter) make for a snug fit in the 1000.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who actually does this. It might be overkill, but it works out for me.

May 22, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your input. I saw JHA sells the pelican custom engraved but the picture seems to show foam inside. I just thought it would be useful to have foam inside to stop em from banging around. Also, just one question for you since you do use a case- do you stick in silica packs?

May 22, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 5
The TF10s come with a very nice metal case. You could probably put them in the included case, and then put the case in the otterbox if you're worried about them getting knocked around.

May 23, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Hmm, never thought of using silica packs... Well, I live in San Jose, CA and the temperature and humidity don't fluctuate much at all. Also, I never open the case if I'm in a situation where I wouldn't use my dslr camera (water, moisture, sudden temperature change, etc.) Also, for me, it wouldn't fit inside the case with my headphones, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back