Best IEM for vocals under $1000
Feb 20, 2022 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Orfik

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for the absolute best midrange/vocal centric IEMs for under $1000, though I'm willing to spend a little extra if there's something close to the price that takes it over the top for a couple hundred more. Also looking for good treble clarity, bass isn't the most important thing to me, it has to be there but I'd rather have less bass than it bleed into the midrange.

Feb 21, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 5
The Fitear TG334 has been mentioned by Toranku and others to be specifically good for vocals, with the QDC 4SS being an alternative.
I bought the QDC 4SS and found it to be rather strange, on one hand it sounded muffled on the other hand it had unnaturally fast decay, presumably due to the BA implementation. I didn't particularly like it and sold it.

I then bough the Sony IER-M9 and consider it extremely balanced and versatile. It combines the high detail of a good BA IEM with the natural attack and decay of a DD, has excellent treble extension and very good bass as well, both can be influenced a lot with tip selection.
It's good for both male and female vocals, but if you like female vocals to sound very floaty and etheral you'd be better off with a tuning like Thieaudio Monarch 2 IMO. Then you give up the body and power of male vocals though...

Downsides to the M9 are:
  • Very tip and fit sensitive, fully sealed design, can cause vaccuum pressure issues
  • Cable is good, but for best SQ requires upgrade
  • Very power hungry - needs really good source quality and driving power
  • Not the most dynamic sounding IEM, more laid back or at least needs lots of power and good tip/cable to become more dynamic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back