Best IEM for Running with an Ear Clip and Water Resistance
Nov 29, 2011 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

csj0952

New Head-Fier
So I just ordered a pair of SoundMagic PL50s because they were rated high on the IEM thread and they have the ear clip to hold the IEM more secure when running.  Looking for another pair though....

I've been running wtih Philips SHQ3000 cheap 30 dollar headphones from Target because they have actually been the best fitting for me holding in place good.

Wondering what you guys have tried if anything.

The headphones MUST have some sort of stabilizer clip going around the ear or some sort of extra stablization.  Sometimes I like to run with 1 earphone in and 1 out when running next to someone so the clip helps keep them on my ears but half in.

Sweatproof would be great and also if there was something they could do like a twisted cable to eliminate sound coming through the cable when bouncing on chest.

Looking to be under $100.

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 7
I recommend you Sony mdr-q68lw, with little help from eq it's sounds great

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Personally I like running with my Sennheiser PMX 680 but if you prefer clip-ons, you may want to consider OMX 680. There's also a headset variant - OMX 680i. 

I tried the 680s.  They felt uncomfortable and like they clamped my ears hard, plus hard to run with 1 ear in and one without. 

I have the CX680is which are somewhat ok but still not too comfortable.  They fall out sometimes too.

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 7

I am using the CX680 for over a year and half. The fins were useless to me to keep the buds whilst running, but instead of buying overpriced Sennheiser replacement silicone tips, I have used disposable foam tips. They do not fall out whilst running and provide excellent external noise isolation.

This works because when you insert foam-tipped earbud into your ear, you roll down the foam and after insertion they expand which provides a seal to external noise whilst preventing them from falling out.

See the full discussion here for the DIY guide on making the tips. I am using Howard Leight Bilsom's and Classic Ear Soft's with excellent results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back