Best IEM (For My Tastes) Around $100
Jun 14, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 18
Lend me ur ears was very responsive and helpful. When I tried to contact tfz directly I got nothing at all back to this day....

And that right there has helped me make my decision. I refuse to deal with companies with little / no customer support (that's why I am no longer a Tidal subscriber)

I have some money left over in amazon gift cards, and the Ibasso's are available there. Plus, they are $20ish cheaper to start.

I may consider the King's in the future, but this will be my first major purchase into IEM's, and have read only positive reviews about the IT01's. A lot of users here seem to think they fit my needs, and judging by the reviews, I tend to agree.

I really do thank you for your time and responses, you have helped me out the most out of anyone, or any review I have read. Head-Fi needs more users like yourself, @SciOC

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #17 of 18
Thanks and good luck. You might be a bit disappointed in the soundstaging aspects of the it01, that is my only concern for you. Just keep in mind the relative cost of the it01 versus your lcd2! If you like them, you should try a multi BA driver iem next. They tend to stage better in my opinion.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #18 of 18
Hi Biggbenn74,

I know I'm late to the party but agree with the majority here, IT 01 is good value for sound and money and scales well with good sources & gear, it is my most commonly used daily.
One thing I will add is iBasso customer service is outstanding no matter where you are in the world, among the best I have ever dealt with.

In closing, the better you know your source, especially if it's good quality (CD quality minimum) & what sort of sound you like as well as good tip selection (try as many as possible till you're comfortable), the easier it will be to make a choice which is right for you & go for lots of demos if you can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back