Best IEM for my tastes [<150€]
Aug 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheBard

New Head-Fier
Since last time I asked for advice for a pair of headphones here ended quite well with my beloved Audio-Technica ATH-AD700, I'm back here for some more advice to change my not-so.good and quite broken IEM with a new pair.
I've been reading the massive review thread and some other ones around the forums and more or less I found some models that seems good, but I'd want some more info before trading some hard earned money for audio goodness. I tried reading the glossary and understanding the more I can of the terms used, but I'm still a novice so I might (will) use some wrong ones.

The main uses I'll have for them are listening to music while biking or walking to work, so good insulation and microphonics would be needed. Also I'd be using them in bed before sleeping to listen to music/podcast/audiobooks.
They'd be mostly used with my smartphone (Galaxy S1 soon to be changed with S3) and my PC (Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music sound card). If an amp is needed I already have a Fiio E11.
As for what I usually listen to, beside podcast/audiobooks it varies quite a bit from melodic/epic metal to smooth jazz, from blues to hard rock, classical, folk and more. I usually tend to prefer a natural sound with a good soundstage and imaging (if that means what I think it does).

The model that seemed more interesting I found was the Dba-02 MkII, but it seems that the suggested seller has them in backorder, so I was looking at Creative's Aurvana InEar3 that I found at 99€ from the Creative store with free shipping, but I'm open for any suggestion on some models that you guys think would be a better fit and eventually stores that ship to Italy (possibly from Europe) where I could get them from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back