Best IEM for me around $800
May 10, 2021 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

inego

Head-Fier
I upgraded to Audiofly AF1120 from AF180 last year. I quite like the AF laid back/neutral sound signature, and the insrument separation is fantastic. I've had a couple of different Westones previously

I've avoided upgradeitis, but the AF1120 broke casing last week, pulling an internal wire out at the same time. Around two days after it looks like the company shut down.

I know I'm being a little lazy, but there is just so much content here to trawl through. Does anyone have suggestions for I what I should look at around $800, or should I just head back to Westone (possily W60)? TIA

May 10, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 4
The CraftFour from Craft Ears fits your preferred sound signature + pricetag. It comes in both universal and custom fit.

May 10, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 4
I loved my old pair of Westone 4/UM, for the laid back tuning, but Westone isn’t competitive anymore in this IEM market, so does Shure/Sennheiser/Ultimate Ears, the big names back in a decade.

For $800, I bet many Headfiers who tired various IEMs would most likely to somehow agree following IEMs has something to offer:
Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk ($330), don’t get fooled by its price tag, It’s extremely competitive, I offered this to my old friend who spent $2,900 for FitEar MH335 custom IEM back 7 years ago, and he really thanked me for letting him know Blessing2 Dusk, he admit that $320 IEM fit just like Custom IEM and sounded better than the one he spent $3 grants for. Bass-rolled diffusion neutral signature.

DUNU SA6 $550; hard to beat best of class tuned, bass response adjustable by a flip switch. This will be bass-rolled neutral with bits of spice.

Thieaudio Clairvoyance ($699); Hard to beat pick for sub $1,000 market. Equipped with Sonion EST drivers for extra details yet very pleasant tuning for most of genres, pretty much all rounder, bass-rolled neutral with bits of air spices added.

Moondrop S8 $699; another hard to beat pick for sub $1,000, bass-rolled harman curve neutral.

My personal recommendation as someone loved Westone’s tuning, is Softears RSV. Top notch technicalities & best neutral and natural tuning most closest to human Head Related Transfer Function(HRTF), immersive IEM for $730.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back