Best IEM for EDM listening?
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

xxfirefurryxx

New Head-Fier
I know there have been plenty of forums done on this topic, but not for the headphones I would like to get. Could someone compare the Monster Turbine, SL99, ATH-CKS99, or MDR-XB90EX. I would like something that has bass, but it's not muddy, and it also doesn't make the highs and mids recessed as well. If there are any IEM's that are better then these, suggest them, but know I am not looking for something over $150, and something with a flat sound.

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 23
Check out the Brainwavz B2 and the Shure SE215. :)

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 23
Are we talking about $120 for the SE215 LTD or just the SE215?  Amazon is a reliable source to buy from but $120 sounds a bit high for the regular SE215 but for the LTD version thats a good price.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 23
 ATH-CKS99 all the way! My Denon AH-C300 has more bass than any IEM I've ever tried... dual 11mm drivers. If you like massive amount of bass, give them a try. 

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #9 of 23
Mar 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #13 of 23
 ATH-CKS99 all the way! My Denon AH-C300 has more bass than any IEM I've ever tried... dual 11mm drivers. If you like massive amount of bass, give them a try. 

How do they sound? Every time I look at them, they keep calling my name, but they look like they could never fit an ear. Could you compare them to the Monster Turbines as well? Cause I can get the Monster Turbines for like $45-$50, and they seem like a decent pair of IEM's.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #14 of 23
I can only say that in my e
How do they sound? Every time I look at them, they keep calling my name, but they look like they could never fit an ear. Could you compare them to the Monster Turbines as well? Cause I can get the Monster Turbines for like $45-$50, and they seem like a decent pair of IEM's.

I can only go by my own experience that they fit my ears with no problem. I take them to the gym with me and run with them with no problem. They have the most bass I've ever heard in any headphone period, that include my XB500 and CKS77. The bass is really tight, hits hard, and extends extremely deep. Now onto the negatives: The mids are recessed compared to the CKS77, and despite the huge housing, the sound stage is not as good as CKS77. Essentially they are tuned like Beats, except they have really good bass. So given this type of sound signature, they are really great for EDM, contemporary music... simply amazing, and they pretty much suck for anything else.  If you have average medium sized ears like mine, I definitely recommend them. I've only heard the turbines once, and I don't remember what they sound like to compare. :p

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #15 of 23
  I suggest the Vsonic GR07. You can get it here for $130 with free shipping:

http://www.lendmeurears.com/

I concur, although I would suggest the Bass Edition as it elevates the lower frequencies a little bit more compared to the regular GR07 model, it is probably the best IEM you can get in this price range.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back