best iem for classical in middle range
Dec 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

witness

Head-Fier
hi everyone, i decided to upgrade new iems and searching for now. honestly i dont have many options because high-end iems extremely expensive in my country(writing from turkey). i listen classical music such as symphonies and i satisfy my grado sr 60.
my options are;
>shure se310 (costs 420 dollars)
>etymotic er4p (costs 440 dollars)
>jays qjay (costs 280 dollars)
>ultimate super-fi 3 Studio(costs 140 dollars)
and etymotic er6i(costs 250 dollars).
Considering for long time using (this is my last iem so it must be well built ) and price which is the best for classical music?
except sound quality i love shure e2cs because they offer great sound isolation. So se310 is in my mind. And last question , are these iems performance can be compered with grado sr60?

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 17
Look elsewhere if possible. I would strongly recommend Head-Direct RE0(160$ online) in your particular case. You can find at least 2 detailed reviews of these here. You can only order it from china unfortunately. I seriously doubt there is better IEM for classical in existence (may be westone 3 - I don't know), but what I know, is that I prefer it by a big margin over my er4p, and Sennheiser IE8 for classical. Second choice would be YUIN OK1(220$ online) - no isolation, so probably not an option for you, requires an amp! but absolutely amazing soundstage - it rivals my K701 on this area. Best sound these days doesn't come from major, well known brands, at least in IEMs (total IMHO).

Regarding your options, I have experience only with ER4P, and I don't like it for classic - it totally destroys tone of acoustic instruments - violins sound as they made of plastic - seriously.

Hope it helps.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 17
Hes from turkey, his dollars are way smaller than our dollars. The ER 4P which he has at $440 are $160-180 for us.

For classical, I don't think you'll find any big recommendations around here except the ER 4P. Seems to be the automatic canned response when someone says classical IEM.

However, if you want to save money, with your different levels of pricing, the Q-jays should be good too for a big savings.

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 17
turkey dosent use a dollar of any sort they use the lira so when he says dollars i assume he means that the rate of us dollars at the then exchange rate. hence why he says they extremely expensive.

i would suggest waiting till something u like comes up in the for sale forums as those are truly abusive prices, or could always try one of the more reputable shops on ebay

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 17
Witness I am from Turkey also but the rates you wrote down is terriffic.I have just ordered shure se310 for 138 usd from an amazon.com seller.please write me a PM if you like to buy from ths seller.I am a classical musician and I read so much before this model for me.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 17
I think he is talking about price in Turkey. Earphones are very expensive here because of redicilious inport taxes. Witness you should try online sellers as like me and other headfiers from Turkey.

Edit:By the way, I ordered Phonak Audeo PFE for classic and new age kinds as my usualy tastes. There are some serrious comments about it's very good with that kinds of music. I will add my comments soon when it will arrive. Take a closer look that topic, it could give you some idea.

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 17
I think the best way is dealing with the ebay sellers who are reliable by referances,I am sure lots of people in head-fi bought from some honest ebaysellers.or if you have someone in US to post it to you.you can buy and send him or her.In Turkey prices are crazy.

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 17
thanks for the answers,i also consider klipsch custom 3 is there any
idea about this model

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 17
by the way here are some crazy prices from turkey
tongue.gif

shure se 420 = 566 us dollars
sennhesier cx 500 = 130 dollars
akg k 601 = 475 dollars

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 17
You can get Etymotic ER-4P IEMs for about... 200 I think.

EDIT: I saw your post on the Phonak Audeo IEMs and like you, I have heard great things from the detail on them. People have said that they rival the ER-4Ps in terms of overall SQ, because they have a more balanced sound; like they took some of the detail and spread it around a little.

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #13 of 17
i can buy klipsch custom 3 about 330 dollars and i cant understand how can it cheaper than er4p... i think im gonna buy custom 3.
Is it an acceptable price for custom 3

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #14 of 17
since you are looking into the mid range, I shall recommend the SCL4 from shure, they are actully the old e4c/e4g, I compared them with er-4p and the se530, driven by the RSA p51, I like SCL4 the best out of the 3, sweetest mids ever!

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by witness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi everyone, i decided to upgrade new iems and searching for now. honestly i dont have many options because high-end iems extremely expensive in my country(writing from turkey). i listen classical music such as symphonies and i satisfy my grado sr 60.
my options are;
>shure se310 (costs 420 dollars)
>etymotic er4p (costs 440 dollars)
>jays qjay (costs 280 dollars)
>ultimate super-fi 3 Studio(costs 140 dollars)
and etymotic er6i(costs 250 dollars).
Considering for long time using (this is my last iem so it must be well built ) and price which is the best for classical music?
except sound quality i love shure e2cs because they offer great sound isolation. So se310 is in my mind. And last question , are these iems performance can be compered with grado sr60?

find what you want on the www. paypal a friend (or me) the money, and have them sent to you.

im happy to help you if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back