Best IEM for around the $300 dollar price point
Oct 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Errorlord404

New Head-Fier
Hello!

My birthday is coming up quite soon (and Black Friday and Cyber Monday are drawing near), and I'm planning on treating myself to some higher quality in ear headphones (or whatever the proper terminology is). I've always loved music, and would appreciate being able to listen to it in all of its glory. I'm not an "audiophile", but I'm not a completely incompetent tin ear listener. I enjoy a heavier bass signature, hard hitting, but still clear, and I appreciate clear and sparkly highs. I currently own HD280s, and am not satisfied by their bass response (I haven't tried the tack mod for it because I'm afraid of breaking them). I'm also half deaf so I don't have any depth perception or ability to enjoy a sound stage, but hopefully that won't stop me from enjoying some great music. So far, I've looked at the IE80s, SE425s, UE900s, and some others, and I don't think that CIEMs are completely out of the question. I'm leaning towards the IE80s as they bear the Sennheiser name, and quite frankly, I like German things. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading, here's a potato *gives potato*, and sorry if I'm sounding like a complete contentious idiot.

Have a great day! :D

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't have much experience with basshead IEMs, but I would avoid CIEMs since you're mostly just paying for the labor at that point and it won't sound better than other ~$300 universals. You probably won't like the se425 either, but the IE80 is a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back