best IEM for around $150-200. recommendations please!
Sep 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EarJob

New Head-Fier
Hey there everyone. Im fairly new to IEM so im hoping to get some good leads on what to buy. I listen to a range of music spanning from classical, piano solo(main music taste), old school r&b and hip hop and a small amount of rock. Ive done a small amount of research and will continue to do so while this thread is open. So far a couple products came to mind such as:

- UE trifi
- Vsonic GR 06-07
- IE 8

I also wanted to add that I will be using these for an extendend period of time, between 2-8 hours depending if im in the library studying so I want the cables and whatnot to be very durable. Hope to hear some good ones and if you need more info let me know and ill try to answer in more detail.

Thanks!

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm sorry for bumping this so soon but am really wanting to purchase an IEM piece within a couple days. Anyone at all that would have any recommendations given my parameters?

Thank you!

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Out of everything you have in that list, the GR07 looks the best.  You may also want to look at the Phonak PFE 1xx line as well.  Etymotic will cover you with your classical and piano, but may not be enough for your R&B and hip hop.  Dunu Tai Chi will also suit everything you've listed.

The Dunu and Phonak offer a built-in, supported customization of sound using dampers and filters respectively.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back