Best IEM for $200 or Less
Feb 1, 2021 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

networkn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.

I have misplaced my Monster Copper Turbine Pro's which I am unhappy about, and need a suitable replacement.
I am looking for something that sounds fantastic, is very very comfortable and easy to drive. I am not a bass head, but I am sibilance sensitive. I love details but I also like my music to be fun to listen to.

Is anyone able to recommend something amazing? :)

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 9
I really enjoy my AKG N40s. While MSRP has them above your limit, AKG has discontinued them anyway and they can be found under $100 USD on eBay pretty regularly.

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 9
I really enjoy my AKG N40s. While MSRP has them above your limit, AKG has discontinued them anyway and they can be found under $100 USD on eBay pretty regularly.

I thought I was the only person around here that likes the N40s - nobody ever talks about them 😂
Great IEMs, one of my first. A little on the brighter side but lends itself to a detailed and spacious presentation. Stock cable is crap, the MCXX from FiiO and they profit from a little more power than a cell phone.

My go-to now a days is either KZ ZAX (very detailed), and Moondrop Starfields (less detailed but with a warmer more natural tonality). Moondrop Starfields are definitely the fun pair for listening with their slight V-shaped sound signature. I love them.

Feb 5, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 9
Hi.

I have misplaced my Monster Copper Turbine Pro's which I am unhappy about, and need a suitable replacement.
I am looking for something that sounds fantastic, is very very comfortable and easy to drive. I am not a bass head, but I am sibilance sensitive. I love details but I also like my music to be fun to listen to.

Is anyone able to recommend something amazing? :)

Perhaps look into:
Etymotic ER2XR
FiiO FH3
See Audio Yume
KBEar Believe
Tri Starsea
ThieAudio Legacy 4
NF Audio NA2
KZ DQ6
KZ BA10
Tri i3

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 9
Perhaps look into:
Etymotic ER2XR
FiiO FH3
See Audio Yume
KBEar Believe
Tri Starsea
ThieAudio Legacy 4
NF Audio NA2
KZ DQ6
KZ BA10
Tri i3

Alo heard good things about the Legacy 3. Can anyone elaborate, which one is better afa soundstage, precision, musicality, price difference notwithstanding (Legacy 3 or 4)?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Alo heard good things about the Legacy 3. Can anyone elaborate, which one is better afa soundscape, precision, musicality, price difference notwithstanding (Legacy 3 or 4)?
I have not heard the L4, but I haven’t read anyone preferring the L3 over the L4. I think the L3 does have more bass though. My concern with the L3 is QC issues. If you buy it custom (either a CIEM or custom design), I think it is more likely to be well built though. It is definitely preferable to get it with the flat 2 pin socket vs the qdc socket that sticks out.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 9
Alo heard good things about the Legacy 3. Can anyone elaborate, which one is better afa soundstage, precision, musicality, price difference notwithstanding (Legacy 3 or 4)?
Got the Legacy 3 and man, they are really really good for the money. But I hafta vouch for the TFZ No. 3 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back