best iem earphones?
Nov 24, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #16 of 25
Finally figured how to wear the SR-003 without the headband. I must say it's not very comfortable
blink.gif
You have to shove them in like normal IEMs, but then I've always liked foamies more than silicone tips. Oh well...

Nov 24, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh it's definitely worth it! I can't fathom how my 404 would sound on an uber-highend amp like an ES-1, Blue Hawaii or KGSS... They sound incredible already.

4040.jpg

could you tell me how abort it's bass....

Nov 24, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldldick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4040.jpg

could you tell me how abort it's bass....

The bass is... deep, detailed, full-sounding, resonant, punchy when song required.

There's no thin, non existent bass that I've read about. Everything is pretty balanced. Why? Are you considering the 4040 system? There's an updated 006tMk2 amp now, but I'm doubt it's worth shelling out the full price for very minimal changes. I reckon you should start with the SRS-0050II system first just to see whether you like the Stax sound. It's a bit risky going for the full monty without knowing what you're getting yourself into.

The SR-001/003 is vaguely representative of Stax's higher offerings. The sound signature is similar, but IMO, the SR-003 is actually fairly different compared to the SR-404. A bit contradictory, but it's true. You get the Stax sound in both, but within the Stax sound signature, there are differences.

Nov 24, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

The bass is... deep, detailed, full-sounding, resonant, punchy when song required.

There's no thin, non existent bass that I've read about. Everything is pretty balanced. Why? Are you considering the 4040 system? There's an updated 006tMk2 amp now, but I'm doubt it's worth shelling out the full price for very minimal changes. I reckon you should start with the SRS-0050II system first just to see whether you like the Stax sound. It's a bit risky going for the full monty without knowing what you're getting yourself into.

The SR-001/003 is vaguely representative of Stax's higher offerings. The sound signature is similar, but IMO, the SR-003 is actually fairly different compared to the SR-404. A bit contradictory, but it's true. You get the Stax sound in both, but within the Stax sound signature, there are differences.

Thanks for your advices,you are very kind..Enjoy the music
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Well, I hate to pipe up with second hand info but, from the tales my brother tells of my dads 404s (seeing as I'm too afraid to touch 'em) the bass is very lacking in comparison to other headphones such as hd 600s and koss portapros even. Though how my dad none of the stax cans are heavy on bass (and he won't let any can grace his head but omega II's >.<).....thats all I got.....

note: again this is not my opinion but that of a person that enjoys good sounding cans and doesn't care what they are and the most hardcore audiophile I have ever met (my dad).

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by GruntSpawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I hate to pipe up with second hand info but, from the tales my brother tells of my dads 404s (seeing as I'm too afraid to touch 'em) the bass is very lacking in comparison to other headphones such as hd 600s and koss portapros even. Though how my dad none of the stax cans are heavy on bass (and he won't let any can grace his head but omega II's >.<).....thats all I got.....

note: again this is not my opinion but that of a person that enjoys good sounding cans and doesn't care what they are and the most hardcore audiophile I have ever met (my dad).

What source and energiser does your dad use? The energiser matters a lot when it comes to Stax. Some people have reported a very bright sound from the 313/404 combo. The 006t Mk1 is a tube electrostatic amp, which might stereotypically mean that it makes the 404 sound warmer.

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Don't even get me started on the E500 bass... It's simply the nicest bass of any universal IEM I have ever tried in my life. It's definitely not the most accurate (if anything, very inaccurate), but certainly the most enjoyable.

second this. it really has the "BASS" that people can hear with headphones.

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
second this. it really has the "BASS" that people can hear with headphones.

呵呵,难得遇到一个大家坛的同胞
cool.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldldick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
呵呵,难得遇到一个大家坛的同胞
cool.gif

They don't read chinese. Nice to see you here.

best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back