Best IEM around $100?
Jun 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FalconPunchPal

New Head-Fier
In the market for new headphones and these two came to my attention. I listen to a large variety of music including including nearly everything but most pop and country. I like the punchy bass the 215s have for rap and perhaps rock but I really like the idea of hearing everything in my music, which is why I am enticed by the hf5. I was just wondering what the overall perceptions and thoughts about theae headphones are and if the hf5 are worth it over the shures, despite the lacking bass. Would rap and other bass heavy genres suffer as a result? Open to other suggestions of course. I am willing to put in more money if need be, but I would like to keep it around this price point

Jun 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 4
The RE-400s are great all arounders. They are on the warmer side of neutral. Overall fantastic sound quality for the price. If you are used to the se215 bass it may seem lacking a bit. But it is punchy and has good extension.

I don't listen to rap so I can't speak on that, but they are fantastic for edm.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Got my RE-400's yesterday, and I concur that they sound great on just about every genre of music out there.  

If you're used to listening to an IEM that has a lot of mid-bass boost and then get the RE-400's, your first impression may be that they are a bit bass shy, but if you don't listen to your old IEM's and just listen to the 400's for a day or two, you'll begin to realize how much bass these really have and the super clarity of textures that were there on these songs all along but were masked by those mid-bass bumps.

Love mah 400's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back