best home amp for $250
Aug 29, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 14
The Corda Arietta's great for $240 if you want to buy new. You should get more for your money used though - have a look through the FS forum and see if anything fits.

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 14
I recently bought a Millett Hybrid amp, and I think it is just amazing.

For under 250$ you can get one which is pretty much maxed-out, with very high quality components and built by an experienced builder. My amp looks and functions better than many retail products I bought, so don't be frightened by it being a DIY project - it just gives you better bang for your buck.

It is a DIY amp, but many built ones pop-up on the FS forum from time to time. Actually, I saw one FS by the same guy that built mine (tomb) a few days ago, but can't seem to find it now...

Anyway, there's a new MAX edition of the Millett Hybrid, which supposedly sounds even better than my version, so I advise you to check that option also.

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 14
buy a used darkvoice 336i - you WON'T regret...

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are your headphones and source? A Gilmore Lite is a very good home amp, even better value if you get it used.

X2, GLite is awesome for the money.

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 14
Solid State: Meier Corda Arietta

Tube: Eddie Current Lunchbox II or Darkvoice 336i.

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #14 of 14
CETOOLE is supposed to have some boards left over from that group buy. I am not sure if he is ready to sell any yet though. PM him and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back