Best high/midrange closed headphones?
Dec 4, 2013 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

jrudyk

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I'm a newcomer to this community, and am looking for a high entry level headphone and amp combo. Recently, I have been researching the likes of the AKG K550, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, Audio Technica Ath M50, and the Sennheiser HD 598. For amps, I've been looking at the C&C BH2, Fiio E11,E12, and E18.
My budget is in the "MSRP of $350 but sells for around $250 on Amazon" for headphones, and nothing over $150 for a portable amp.
What I mostly listen to is:
1. Indie Rock
2. Electronic
3. Progressive Rock/Metal
4. Movies/TV
I enjoy "bright" sounding headphones, with good bass. I'm not a bass head by any means, but I do enjoy being able to have a decent amount at my disposal when listening to electronic music in particular. With genres such as Indie, I like a very precise sound, as I'm a very analytical listener when it comes to that.
What I have now is a pair of Sennheiser HD 429s, and I'm craving am upgrade from the muddled sound they (mostly) produce. My main and only source is my Android phone, with a custom audio processing engine/DSP manager called "Viper4android".
Please help me out finding the best setup for me!

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 20
is portability important for you?

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #8 of 20
 My main and only source is my Android phone, with a custom audio processing engine/DSP manager called "Viper4android".
Please help me out finding the best setup for me!

As this is for your Android phone, I would assume the headphones would need to be somewhat portable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back