Best high end headphone for gaming?
Jul 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LouisArmstrong

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a number of headphones that can be considered high end, including SR009, HE1000 and LCD3. However I would like more sound isolation for gaming and I only have one pair of closed back - T5p. Which high end headphone in your opinion is the best for gaming? I am thinking LCD XC as it seems to be the most expensive closed back available. Granted, most expensive does not means the best, so it would be grateful if fellow Head-if gamers can share your experience.

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 8
TH900 over the LCD-XC as it is much lighter and images better, both crucial aspects for gaming. Also the sub-bass is harder hitting for sudden explosions and the like. It does leak sound much more than the LCD-XC though, but I would still trade the long-term comfort of the Fostex over the neck-deforming LCD.

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 8
The mhp-1000 costs more than the xc. I wouldn't take any audeze into consideration because they are just so bad comfort wise for me. The mhps dont swivel at all so it might be hard to get a nice fit on your head, but it's essentially a closed back hd800 with a touch more bass. Another option would be to just use your t5p, well because anything more would be considered a waste by many people if the cans are just for gaming. Well I use a hd800 for gaming so i shouldn't be the one to speak :D

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #6 of 8
My vote for TH900's too, they are definitely fantastic for gaming. Isolation isn't the greatest, but otherwise they are just pure joy.

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 8
+1 for TH900 is your after isolation and closed back. Otherwise I would have recommended the HD800, heh.

I have used the TH900 for gaming purposes for the past year and they have been great. Soundstage and separation really help for gaming.

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 8
If you have to have closed, then the TH900 is probably best for high-end gaming.

Granted, I'd prefer the largest soundstage for gaming...which usually means I use speakers. However, if I'm relegated to using headphones (late at night usually), then I'd use my HD800 since it has a lot of detail retrieval and a large soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back