Best high-end head phone with emphasis on comfort and compatibility with Asgard 2 + MODI
Feb 14, 2015 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chawanwit

100+ Head-Fier
I currently own the he-400 for a few years and it is just too uncomfortable for me. I want to upgrade to something else like the LCD 2/3/X but is afraid that it will be even less comfortable. Read many comments saying that the hd 800 is comfortable. Cut out Sr009 since it is out of my budget range. However, I do not want to spend more on a new dac or amp. I want to keep using the Asgard 2 + MODI combo for now. Would anyone out there please recommend a headphone that would be more comfortable than my current he-400 and compatible with the my Asgard 2 with MODI combo?

Thank you advance for your help! 

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 5
  I currently own the he-400 for a few years and it is just too uncomfortable for me. I want to upgrade to something else like the LCD 2/3/X but is afraid that it will be even less comfortable. Read many comments saying that the hd 800 is comfortable. Cut out Sr009 since it is out of my budget range. However, I do not want to spend more on a new dac or amp. I want to keep using the Asgard 2 + MODI combo for now. Would anyone out there please recommend a headphone that would be more comfortable than my current he-400 and compatible with the my Asgard 2 with MODI combo?

Thank you advance for your help! 

Your Asgard 2 will drive the HD 800s very nicely. And you are correct , they are very comfortable.  Whether you like their sound is another matter.

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your help Mr Rick. I live in Thailand but will be traveling to Los Angeles in a few months, could you please let me know the approximate price of the hd 800 there and where to get it? Thailand prices tend to always be quite high so I might wait to buy it in LA if the price is more tempting.

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 5
I am quite leading toward HD 800 now but there are still otheroptions out there: HE-560, AKG K-812, HE-1000 and others.

Would these be able to be drive from the Asgard 2 as well and are they comfortable?

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #5 of 5
  I am quite leading toward HD 800 now but there are still otheroptions out there: HE-560, AKG K-812, HE-1000 and others.

Would these be able to be drive from the Asgard 2 as well and are they comfortable?

I can't answer those questions. Hopefully someone will come by with that knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back