Best Headphones????
May 28, 2004 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fatmcgav

New Head-Fier
Hey, i'm planning on getting a iRiver H140, and i wanted to know what would be the best headphones to pair it up with.

I listen to mainly club/dance/trance music, although i have started listening to light Rock. I need a set of headphones that arent going to cost a bomb, roughly £40, and as the price suggests, i need them to be available in the Uk. I also would prefer a set of in-ear, bud style headphones, because i dont like any other styles.

Many thanks
Gavin

May 28, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 5
There is no objective best, but subjectively, in your situation I say spring for the Shure E2c if available in UK. Other canalphones you can do in that price range...well, the Sony EX 71 is bassy, you might like that in your music.

Feb 25, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 5
With a price range of 300 or less what is the best I'm looking at the sennheiser hd 650 and hd6xx something in this type of headphone . I will be using it to plug into my 1970 sony TA-1144 amp to power them . I listen to classical music mainly guitar and 70's and 80 light rock . like fleetwood mac ect . I wanted a pair that would classify as a audiophile headphone . I was also looking at some planar magnetic headphones like the Hifiman Deva-pro open back and Audeze Penrose x both right at 300 dollars Would any planar headphone be considered a audiophile headphone ? Shoud I go with a planar over the type of driver in the hd6xx ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back