Best Headphones?
May 18, 2009 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

CodeScripted

100+ Head-Fier
I sincerely apologize if there is a similar thread out there.

I am looking to buy good headphones (Price is not an issue).

I will use them to listen classical music while studying, Trance mostly while surfing, and play piano on my Alesis 8HD. I am a big believer in sound quality, and therefore looking for a pair that will fit my criteria.
Currently looking at AKG K701, HD650 (simply because they are listed as top within their brand). Any others I should consider?

I have tried to place an order of HD800, but the earphone solutions keep telling me that they don’t know when they will be released in the US market (because they were suppose to in Late March). I don’t want to keep waiting until HD800 comes out. Is there a so called “BEST” headphone out there? Until HD800 arrives.

May 18, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 28
HE90, O2 Mk 1, or R10. All are out of production. Good luck, rich guy.
wink.gif

May 18, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 28
People are just suggesting ultimate headphones. But, I guess with no limits...

May 18, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeScripted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sincerely apologize if there is a similar thread out there.

I am looking to buy good headphones (Price is not an issue).

I will use them to listen classical music while studying, Trance mostly while surfing, and play piano on my Alesis 8HD. I am a big believer in sound quality, and therefore looking for a pair that will fit my criteria.
Currently looking at AKG K701, HD650 (simply because they are listed as top within their brand). Any others I should consider?

I have tried to place an order of HD800, but the earphone solutions keep telling me that they don’t know when they will be released in the US market (because they were suppose to in Late March). I don’t want to keep waiting until HD800 comes out. Is there a so called “BEST” headphone out there? Until HD800 arrives.

Classical. 501/701/48/880/600

May 18, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #8 of 28
Used Orpheus?

May 18, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 28
If price is not an issue, STAX is the way to go.

May 18, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 28
Classical: AKG K340 / K1000/ STAX (what's better for classical than electrostats?)
Orchestra: HD600 (good visceral impact, electrostats just don't have this impact)
Trance: I think Ultrasone ED9 with its deep bass will suit trance

May 18, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classical: AKG K340 / K1000/ STAX (what's better for classical than electrostats?)
Orchestra: HD600 (good visceral impact, electrostats just don't have this impact)
Trance: I think Ultrasone ED9 with its deep bass will suit trance

er..?
Maybe STAX Lambda Pro @ op (wont TOTALLY ruin your savings if you find one on the cheap)

May 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #14 of 28
Electrostats have weakness in low-register...
The punch of lamb-skin drum won't shake your ear, unlike HD600...

It is evidently in track Sarah (Rim Banna - The Mirror Of My Soul)...
With electrostats, the bass quantity is just insufficient to truly admire the opening...

May 18, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Electrostats have weakness in low-register...
The punch of lamb-skin drum won't shake your ear, unlike HD600...

It is evidently in track Sarah (Rim Banna - The Mirror Of My Soul)...
With electrostats, the bass quantity is just insufficient to truly admire the opening...

Which stats' have you tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back