Best headphones with mic for PS4 Dualshock 4 controller.

How do you pair your headphones to the PS4?

• Wired (Dualshock 4 3.5mm)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wireless (PS4 Bluetooth)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Separate Sound system (Stereo, AMP/DAC, etc.)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Feb 13, 2019 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tsukuyomi

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, i have a question to ask.
Whats the best headphones you can plug into a 3.5mm jack located in the Dual Shock 4 controller for ps4 that also has a microphone.

also, lets keep it under 100$ USD/CND.

i'm aware not all headphones and their cables (with mic) are comparable.
eg: B&O H6 gen 2, sound does come out of the headphones however mic doesnt work because its made for "apple products"

what headphones do you use for chatting to friends in party chat? :)

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Plantronic Rigs
now I don't know why but for some reason the sets with circular pads sound brighter than those with the oval pads regardless if they are open or closed back.

I have tried the rig 505 lava, rig 500 pro hc, and the rig 300 hs. The 505 lavas sound a lot better imo.

The only reason I didn't go back to the lava's is I prefer oval pads because they are more comfortable for me. Also, I'm not so sure about swapping out the pads. The pads don't look like they are universal.

Right now I am trying the astro a10's which sound similar to the rig 500 pro's though I did not do a side by side comparison.

The a10's would do better with a little eq'ing.

Nevertheless, plugging into the dualshock 4 you cannot beat rigs for the price.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey guys, i have a question to ask.
Whats the best headphones you can plug into a 3.5mm jack located in the Dual Shock 4 controller for ps4 that also has a microphone.
also, lets keep it under 100$ USD/CND.
i'm aware not all headphones and their cables (with mic) are comparable.
eg: B&O H6 gen 2, sound does come out of the headphones however mic doesn't work because its made for "apple products"
what headphones do you use for chatting to friends in party chat? :)
I would suggest getting a used Astro mix-amp and connect it to the PS4, then see about what headphones (with mic) to get.

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 4
I would suggest getting a used Astro mix-amp and connect it to the PS4, then see about what headphones (with mic) to get.
I've had an astro a40 mix amp and it wasnt good.
I'd rather direct plug into the dual shock 4 controller with a headphone cable that has mic in it as its easier and im going to be far away from the screen. the ps4 pro sits under my screen so it will be 12+ feet away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back