Best headphones with good bass new or used under $300?
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Lentini

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for headphones for a while and have narrowed it down to 9 options. I'd like to know your opinions as to which one you think is best. I like strong full bass, but don't want to sacrifice any other aspect of the sound to get it. I also care about comfort as I will be wearing them for extended periods.

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 10
  I've been looking for headphones for a while and have narrowed it down to 9 options. I'd like to know your opinions as to which one you think is best. I like strong full bass, but don't want to sacrifice any other aspect of the sound to get it. I also care about comfort as I will be wearing them for extended periods.

Can't go wrong with the Fidelio X2

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 10
  Oddly enough I just saw one of your posts on the basshead iem thread and am looking at the xb90ex on Amazon right now....so yeah maybe an iem is a good option too? Lol

I'm usually an anti-IEM person but the XB90EX has converted me!
it's the first IEM not only i've wanted to use inside my house where I have speakers and nice electrostats but I believe it's made me enjoy IEMs in a way I never did before.
Before trying the XB90EX, i would say, don't waste your time on IEMs unless you need the form factor.
Now, my opinion is completely different. i almost don't want non-IEMs anymore?!

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 10
Currently, I'm looking at the Fidelio X2 as my top choice, but I'm wondering if I would be better off EQing something like the HD600. My worry with EQing is that I will end up with a washed out or distant sound everywhere but in the bass. I've never EQed before, so take that into consideration.
It's also possible that the HD600s would fit my needs without any sort of EQ. I know they aren't bass boosted, but if they have truly solid bass, that's all I need.

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 10
Surprised the JVC HA-SV2000 didn't make the poll. I haven't listened personally but a quick synopsis of several reviews will tell they are considered the end all be all of bass hphones. With the dual driver's,one being a 50mm sub driver, I would imagine they are worth looking into if bass is what you desire. I'm sure the rest of the audible frequencies above 'boom' and 'thump' suffer but to each his own! https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CIQ7NXQ/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_2?colid=MRWVXZK0DCYF&coliid=I1N3U9LCFA8YN3

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 10
  Currently, I'm looking at the Fidelio X2 as my top choice, but I'm wondering if I would be better off EQing something like the HD600. My worry with EQing is that I will end up with a washed out or distant sound everywhere but in the bass. I've never EQed before, so take that into consideration.
It's also possible that the HD600s would fit my needs without any sort of EQ. I know they aren't bass boosted, but if they have truly solid bass, that's all I need.

HD600 bass is slightly emphasized but that's all, it might not be as 'solid' as you expect. These have more of a laid back/relaxed sound signature, not a punchy presentation.

Fidelio X1 is a borderline bass-head headphone, and still quite good across the whole spectrum, although the bass is on the bloomy side of things.

Fidelio X2 is a grown up X1 with tighter bass and not that coloured, but still a fun sounding headphone that's very good all rounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back