Best headphones under $70?
Dec 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yami759

New Head-Fier
Hello all, this is my first post here. I've decided I'm going to want my first "good" set of headphones, and decided my budget would probably be $70 maximum, preferably less though. I plan on using these for gaming (specifically a lot of League of Legends and Minecraft) and listening to EDM music (though the kind of bass I want would not necessarily be loud or boomy, but rather clear, if that makes sense - sorry if I'm not using these terms right, I'm rather new the the world of higher-end headphones). I currently have the Sennheiser HD 201s, which have been great for the money, but they... may or may not have broken.... *whistles*. Since I needed a new set, I decided I should really do it right this time. I particularly like the Sennheiser brand but I'm not sure if they would be the best value at this price range. I've been looking at the HD 439, as it is on sale at Newegg at the time of writing this. I've also been hearing good things about the Audio Technica M30, but I haven't taken as close a look at them. Which of these would be a better value for my needs, and what else might work? Thanks a ton in advance :wink:

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 4
If you're looking for a pair of 'bang for the buck' headphones, you can check out the JVC HARX700. They are only 40 bucks but they sound just as good as $100 headphones. You can read the reviews of this product here: JVC HA-RX700. Best headphones ever. You can also apply some cool mods to this headphones and they will sound a lot better. Just read the reviews and user opinions of this headphones and you'll find yourself ordering one.

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 4
The Grado SR-60e is slightly more expensive at $79. You will see many reviews giving these headphones high marks for music listening. Can;t tell you what they would be like for game sounds.

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 4
The Grado SR-60e is slightly more expensive at $79. You will see many reviews giving these headphones high marks for music listening. Can;t tell you what they would be like for game sounds.

My son uses his SR80s for League of Legends and other games. He's quite happy with them.

However, while Grados are great for rock, not so much for EDM if you want deep sub bass extension. Bass is punch, just not very deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back