Best Headphones Under $250 for Korean Pop Music?
Jan 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chinafbi

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a  full size headphones, can be close or open.  I have around 250 to spend.  I have the e10 amp coming in a few days so it should be good to drive those hard to drive headphones.   I'm new at this and it is the first time I'm getting audiophile grade headphones.   I listen to mostly korean pop and a little canton pop.  What brand of headphones would be best for the type of music from that link below?  thanks

Here is a an example of the music i listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLy8bRWeh8

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
I'm looking for a  full size headphones, can be close or open.  I have around 250 to spend.  I have the e10 amp coming in a few days so it should be good to drive those hard to drive headphones.   I'm new at this and it is the first time I'm getting audiophile grade headphones.   I listen to mostly korean pop and a little canton pop.  What brand of headphones would be best for the type of music from that link below?  thanks

Here is a an example of the music i listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLy8bRWeh8

Most people seem to suggest something like the Sennheiser HD598 or Audio-Technica AD900 in that price range so you might want to keep them in mind. The Shure SRH940 can be found for $250 but most people say it is very revealing of any flaws in the recording so it might not be the best choice.

Yup, at least the youtube version you linked is very bright sounding so something like the Shure may be to forward. The Sennheiser is supposed to very good with female vocals and a little smoother compared to the others. I have Grados which sound good but are a little on the bright/forward side and they are a bit too much for the video you linked.

There are other options too like the HifiMAN HE-300 and Brainwavz HM5 to look into too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back