Best headphones under $200 ?
Jan 5, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #16 of 19
I would say the HD598. I've had my pair for over a year now and they have never done me wrong. As for the 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter, it's very large and probably wouldn't fit in any kind of phone case. I solved this simply by purchasing an aftermarket cable for i think 16 dollars. These headphones have amazing cost to performance ratio. I use my pair for gaming quite often and they are excellent. Of course you wont get the performance of a 7.1 ch gaming headset but do a simple mic mod and you have a great open back headphone that can be used for gaming.

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #17 of 19
Hi Kunal,

I am also from India and want to buy HD 598.
1.Can you please tell me from where you bought it and how much? i see this model as Rs.13800 from snapdeal currently which is the lowest price compared to other retailers. 
2.Hows your experience with HD 598(Currently i use hd 439 and love the sennheiser sound signature)

Thanks for your help

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #18 of 19
  Hi Kunal,

I am also from India and want to buy HD 598.
1.Can you please tell me from where you bought it and how much? i see this model as Rs.13800 from snapdeal currently which is the lowest price compared to other retailers. 
2.Hows your experience with HD 598(Currently i use hd 439 and love the sennheiser sound signature)

Thanks for your help

Hi
Im also planning to get HD 598.
Where can i get it for the lowest price in india?

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #19 of 19
I didn't want to make my own thread since Kunal almost wants the same thing as I do, however I'd like to add some specifics, which could maybe change your recommendations entirely.
Just as Kunal, I'm looking for headphones under 200 USD, and the most important thing would be that I would also be using it for compressed audio on my phone more often than not, so I wouldn't want overly analytic cans, that would emphasize compression artifacts.

For reference, the piece of garbage ATH-M20X for ~70 dollars is the third most expensive, and worst sounding ... something ... I've ever had the displeasure to listen to in my entire life, and that includes 8 dollar throwaway trash. It literally sounded like when you don't completely plug your headphones in, except I did.
Powerless bass (despite what the manufacturer says), otherwise a very broad spectrum of sound with no dynamism to it at all, and the lower mids have that typical muffled sound to them, akin to the cheapest headphones in existence.
Despite what the manufacturer says, these cans have no bass at all, I can hear the difference between a chello and a double bass with my 17 dollar (live in europe, cheaper here) AKG K321 clearly, while I couldn't tell the difference with the M20X at all, and if I hadn't know Jade Empire's main theme from earlier, I wouldn't have been aware that there are drums in it (!!!).
These cans were only good at one thing, they had the most precise frequency response I've ever experienced at that point in time, which under present circumstances was only good to completely ruin my listening experience, because now the compressed portion of my music collection, had emphasized compression artifacts all over the place.

Why did I write all this down? Take the exact opposite, that's what I'm looking for!

If you are still reading, thank you! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back