Best headphones under 200$ that have good deep bass and great mids and highs
Sep 4, 2016 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

eatingdonuts

New Head-Fier
So as the title says im searching for a new pair of headphones. Ill use them for music like pop, dubstep, trap, electronic and also for gaming (fps). Im searching for new ones to upgrade from the m20x since they werent pleasing for me. They are uncomfortable and dont have much bass. So whats your oppinion for the best headphones under 200$ ill also buy the fiio e10k (doesnt affect the headphone budget).

Thanks in advance 

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 27
If you want deep bass, you're not going to find it with your budget in open back headphones, only in closed back ones. Find a used pair of NAD Viso HP50, even at their full brand new price of $250, they're a fantastic value for the money in terms of pure sound quality. Slightly warmer than neutral with very tight, extended bass, open mids, and smooth but detailed highs, plus a big soundstage for a closed headphone. Not exactly a basshead can, but they have a bit more bass than true neutral. Just make sure you're okay with how they'll make you look when worn.

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 27
Well after i realized i cant get much bass from open back headphones i searched for someclosed headphones (still under 200$). So out of all im mostly interested in the beyerdynamics dt 770pro (80ohms), beyerdynamic Custom one pro (plus), sony mdr 1ab and maybe just maybe m50x (if i would change the pads). So what is your reccomendation out of these?

Thanks

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 27
  Well after i realized i cant get much bass from open back headphones i searched for someclosed headphones (still under 200$). So out of all im mostly interested in the beyerdynamics dt 770pro (80ohms), beyerdynamic Custom one pro (plus), sony mdr 1ab and maybe just maybe m50x (if i would change the pads). So what is your reccomendation out of these?

Thanks

If you want the option of tons of bass, the Beyer Custom One Pro Plus is the way to go; with their sound sliders, you can lower the bass for better balance and clarity when needed, too. Just keep in mind they have less detail retrieval than the ATH-M50X, but considering the genres you listen to, you may not notice a significant difference.

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #5 of 27
Yeah i saw a review abou COP and thats where i saw that you can set the bass to your liking and thats what got me interested into them. But also what do you think about dt770 pros? What you also need to know is that i listen to vocal music too (forget to mention it sorry).

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #6 of 27
You kinda need to prioritize what you want in a headphone...If youre playing FPS,big bass isnt optimum,as explosions drown out footsteps of enemies.

Further soundstage on open backs are typically better than closed.....you can get the best of both worlds....Fidelio X1/X2....good bass+soundstage,which can be had used in your price range.

Its fun for EDM and the soundstage is pretty good for gaming,and bass doesnt completely drown out details

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 27
  You kinda need to prioritize what you want in a headphone...If youre playing FPS,big bass isnt optimum,as explosions drown out footsteps of enemies.

Further soundstage on open backs are typically better than closed.....you can get the best of both worlds....Fidelio X1/X2....good bass+soundstage,which can be had used in your price range.

Its fun for EDM and the soundstage is pretty good for gaming,and bass doesnt completely drown out details

Agreed that the OP needs to decide what's most important in a headphone; considering the usage scenarios you listed, there is no one headphone that is going to do all of the things you want. The COP is very versatile with its sound sliders, but ultimately doesn't have the resolution or soundstage of headphones like the Fidelio X2 or NAD Viso HP50. The Fidelio X1 is a rare basshead open headphone, but like the X2 and virtually all other open back dynamic driver headphones, has deep bass rolloff. The NAD has great balance and quality deep bass, but ultimately won't have the soundstage and airy quality of good open back cans, which most gamers use, although it does have a large soundstage compared to most other closed back headphones.

As far as the DT770 goes, it is V-Shaped, meaning vocals will be distant and weak relative to the bass and treble. I still think the NAD Viso HP50 used is your best bet, though, with a reasonably large soundstage that is bigger than even some open back headphones and a sound signature that makes it a good all-rounder.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #8 of 27
Well fps games isnt my priority, its music. And also i did consider about senn hd 598, but ive heard they lack bass. And the bad thing is that none of the headphones you suggested are avaliable in my country so i cant get those.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 27
Well fps games isnt my priority, its music. And also i did consider about senn hd 598, but ive heard they lack bass. And the bad thing is that none of the headphones you suggested are avaliable in my country so i cant get those.

That's unfortunate. This might be a long shot, but if you ditched the Fiio E10K and added that money to your headphone budget, you might be able to get the Meze 99 Classics, which don't really need an amp. On a side note, the COP does not improve noticeably with an amp, so if you get those, it's not really worth it to also get an E10K.

Sep 5, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #10 of 27
Well my headphone budget stays the same no mather what...i was thinking about the e10k for a chrsitmas present parents would get me...i think the cop might be the best option for me since you can set how much bass you want and i could put less when gaming...and also i tried m50x today and i wasnt that impressed

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #11 of 27
I'm not sure what your options are for ordering online where you are, but if you can order from Amazon:

For your budget, I would consider the SoundMagic HP150.
-It's closed-back, slightly U-shaped sound signature with deep bass.
-The overall sound to me is slightly warm, with neutral mid-bass and extended and enhanced sub-bass. That means deep, crushing impact in the lowest of lows without the mid-bass bloat that makes some headphones sound veiled or congested.
-The presentation is aggressive yet smooth, mids are detailed and not as recessed as more V-shape sounding headphones, and highs are slightly forward to bring out detail without being thin or harsh.
-The soundstage is above-average for a closed headphone, good separation and layering, which should make it useable for gaming. It is wide but opts for a more intimate presentation than a laid-back/spaced out one.
-Detail and resolution are a strong point of this headphone without looking at other sound signatures.
-They are very comfortable, have a detachable cable and have cups that can swivel and fold. The cable that comes with it is unfortunately very springy (think MacBook charging cable) and uses a proprietary locking mechanism. There are workarounds to the locking mechanism and the coiled cable from the HP100 also fits.

Overall, they sound dynamic and detailed. At least for me, they did require some burn-in, initially sounding more bassy and sibilant than after burning in. You won't like them if you like a lot of mid-upper bass body, or if you're sensitive to treble and like rolled off highs, or if you want a more spacious and airy presentation (but hard to find in a closed headphone at that price except maybe the A900X). If you don't like laid-back, relaxed sounding headphones like the Sennheisers and want a more balanced and exciting presentation than the M50x, these may suit you.

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #12 of 27
Thanks for taking time to write all that and i could order those from the amazon italy for 150€ which i guess its a good deal since tech is usualy more expensive than in us. what i was also thinking is open back headphones that have good soundstage while still maintaining good deep bass. I read the reviews and it seems almost perfect for me (talking about 32ohmd version) even if its like 50€ more expensive i have no problem spending it if its worth the money.

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #13 of 27
I wouldn't have much input on open-back not having owned any myself. I would say that for a warm/bass-focused open back you'd probably be sacrificing sub-bass in exchange for more mid-bass (that seems to be the case with the HP150 vs HP200). I've heard mixed responses on the HP200, some comparing it favorably to the HP150 while others saying it doesn't really net a lot of the open-back gains--like a huge soundstage--compared to other open-backs in the price range. Maybe someone else can chime in on that (I'm actually looking for a proper open-back upgrade to the HP150 myself and haven't found it yet, but I'm still doing my research).

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #14 of 27
1 qestion for the hp150: Do they feel heavy on the head and do ears get hot over time? + I dont think hp150 would be good for me since they have a cable thats only 1.2 meters long, i need atleast 1,5-2 meters. And also are they worth paying 20 euros more than the dt770 pro 80ohm (studio)?

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #15 of 27
So i found these dt770 pro's on ebay. but on the picture these headphoens dont seem the same as the ones on the amazon even tho they are the same 80 ohm headphoens as the ones i checked on amazon.

Is there any reason why or is that picture just symbolic 

Link ebay :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT770-Pro-Studio-Headphones-80-Ohm-version-/112076006551?hash=item1a18402497:g:kjwAAOSwdzVXm2aW

Link amazon :https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT-770-Pro-ohm/dp/B0016MNAAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473171460&sr=8-1&keywords=dt770

Users who are viewing this thread

Back