Best headphones to replace UE Super-fi 5 Pro
Sep 4, 2009 at 7:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bloodbath

New Head-Fier
Wanted to get a few recommendations on the best headphones to replace my Ultimate Ears Super-fi 5 Pro headphones. I have had them for a couple of years now and still find them to sound decent, but the metal ear loop is very annoying. I continually need to adjust them after storage and they don't seem to fit perfectly after adjustment. They also have become tinted green on the inside (I have the clear ones). I have already replaced the original cable due to this once and don't really want to do it again (not a big issue - but it is unsightly).

Just want to find something comparable or better sound qualityr under $150 US dollars if possible. I'm not sure if the "dual driver" feature makes them sound any better, but it seems to be a selling point so this would be a bonus if it was available.

I usually listen to metal and rock but occasionally listen to rap, classical, techno, jazz, and pop. I know these are some extremes in the music spectrum and no headphone in my current price range will completely cover them all. However, I would like to find one that does a decent all around job - not overly bassy, etc.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I bought my Ultimate Ears after visiting this site and reading the positive reviews (it also helped Costco had them for a ridiculously low price at the time - $129 if I remember correctly). However, there seem to be so many more choices out there now then before. Just want to make the right choice for me. Thanks again.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 6
Denon AH-C710, Cresyn 750E, Klipsch Custom 3 and Etymotic HF5.....

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm looking at the Denon C710 headphones and have seen a lot of good reviews. Just wondering, are the C751 headphones better? I've seen them for $119 with free shipping and may also consider these.

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodbath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking at the Denon C710 headphones and have seen a lot of good reviews. Just wondering, are the C751 headphones better? I've seen them for $119 with free shipping and may also consider these.

The C710 are a newer model than the C751 and cheaper to boot (when not sold out)

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 6
I noticed that they are sold out almost everywhere. It seems the only places that have them are selling them for $170 or more. Do they come in on a fairly regular basis or am I better off looking into something else?

I saw the Klipsch IMAGE S4. These also got decent ratings but I believe I read somewhere on this site that they were not as good as the Denon C710 earphones. Is it a very noticable difference and how far off will the sound be from my Ultimate Ears?

Sorry for the noob type questions, but I really don't have any experience with earphones. All I know is my Super-FI 5 Pros were hundreds of times better than the cheap $10 - $20 earphones I owned prior. Since I have such a limited knowledge, I just want to make an informed decision.

Thanks.

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 6
The C710 were available from B&H earlier this week, but they sell out pretty quick. Same thing happened to the S4's a month or two back. Maybe you should look at the JVC HA-FX500 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back