Best Headphones Over-Ear bluetooth headphones in sound quality? Is there one other than pure bass?
Jun 1, 2020 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Galeonero

100+ Head-Fier
Hello people, I am looking for a Bluetooth Over-Ear headphones that have a very good connectivity for bluetooth and that have a very good sound, everything is pure bass in bluetooth today. I was testing some bluetooth devices like Shaning UP2 which is a DAC / AMP and the connection was normal, even having the Bt CSR 8675 chip, the same thing happened to me with some SoundPeats that the connection was terrible. But about 3 weeks ago I had the Sony Wh 1000 xm3 and it was one of the best connections I had, never a cut or interference. The same connectivity as my JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker.
Are there any headphones like this? In addition to Sony, which are pure bass and have to be used practically if or if with LDAC, I only have iPhone and Notebook.

I was watching TOP on YouTube or in forums and always the first 4 are the same as always, Bose 700, Sony wh 1000 xm3, Bose q35 and the Sennehseir momentum ANC. They are all with ANC.
I don't like ANC because it raises the cost of the product, functionality doesn't help me because I feel that it doesn't isolate anything,I feel pain in my ears and because they implement a lot of technology when they can use it to get better sound.

Jun 1, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 16
I'm using a Dali io-4 and i'm very happy. No ANC and a very long battery life. I'm using them with my smartphone Android, bluetooth (good connection) aptX HD on the go and wired at home with a Dragonfly Cobalt. With Tidal Hi-Fi. For me they sound clear and crisp. Bass are pressent and tight but not overwhelming. Don't have other headphones to compare with but i received some KBear diamond (IEM) two weeks ago. I give them their chance but yesterday i put them back to their box as the Dali sounds so much more beautiful. I wish u a good search!

Jun 1, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 16
An excellent sounding, and I have owned quite a few good Bluetooth headphones, is the KEF Space One wireless. The ANC is not very good, but I never use ANC with it anyway, and it doesn't sound like you need/want ANC. The KEF is absolutely easy to recommend on sound and build quality, and I find the comfort to be quite good. Sadly the headphone never took off and as a result is typically at very reduced prices. For instance, I was able to get mine new for under $240 Canadian, easily the best purchase value wise I have ever made. The sound quality is excellent with AAC which I use. I also have the Sony XM3 used with ANC off and with LDAC and I prefer the KEF overall. If you can get the KEF on sale seriously consider it.

KEF have been crafting speakers for many years and their headphone tuning is quite good and I have zero hesitation recommending you audition them if possible.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 16
While I’m not a Bluetooth headphone person I do have the XM3’s and HD-1’s (pretty much Momentum 2’s) and I don’t think the HD-1’s can be wireless without ANC they still sound so much better than the XM3’s but for comfort and ANC the Sony wins hands down. The Dali I heard at the last CqnJam in NYC I have to say they were the worst ones I heard over the weekend.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 16
While I’m not a Bluetooth headphone person I do have the XM3’s and HD-1’s (pretty much Momentum 2’s) and I don’t think the HD-1’s can be wireless without ANC they still sound so much better than the XM3’s but for comfort and ANC the Sony wins hands down. The Dali I heard at the last CqnJam in NYC I have to say they were the worst ones I heard over the weekend.
I honestly did not like XM3, the sound was pure bass and the comfort was good in the headband but in the earpads it gave me enough heat after 30 minutes of use. I know that many told me to equalize them or that the sound to make it sound better is using LDAC but I do not have it, I have AAC or Aptx in the notebook. I did not like them considering that they cost 250-350 dollars, it seems to me that it is not worth supporting something that I really do not like, is to throw money in the trash.

Surely I would have to look for some with bad ANC but with good sound, I was reviewing brands like JBL, Audio Technica, B&O, etc. and they all have almost exclusively ANC, that technology became massive.

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 16
I honestly did not like XM3, the sound was pure bass and the comfort was good in the headband but in the earpads it gave me enough heat after 30 minutes of use. I know that many told me to equalize them or that the sound to make it sound better is using LDAC but I do not have it, I have AAC or Aptx in the notebook. I did not like them considering that they cost 250-350 dollars, it seems to me that it is not worth supporting something that I really do not like, is to throw money in the trash.

Surely I would have to look for some with bad ANC but with good sound, I was reviewing brands like JBL, Audio Technica, B&O, etc. and they all have almost exclusively ANC, that technology became massive.
Like I believe I said I’m not a Bluetooth headphone person I have quite a few and for me none of them sound as good as a cheaper set of wired ones. That is just my experience take it for what it’s worth. If you want a better sounding headphone then get a wired one. As far as LDAC goes it didn’t make the XM3’s sound so much better or at all to me. Look I understand the convenience of wireless but they still don’t have the fidelity of a wired connection in my opinion.

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 16

That is why I suggested the KEF. The sound signature is very good and because they are on sale often the money you would be spending on the ANC aspect is more than offset by the reduced price. If you find the XM3 too bass heavy as I did the KEF is not at all like that. The bass is pretty darn tight and detailed. Seriously, do some research on the KEF. It didn't take off because the collaboration with Porsche Design and the great build quality increased the cost. Not to mention at the time it was released many new Bluetooth headphones were coming with Apt X HD and LDAC support making people look past the SBC, AAC and Apt X only support of the KEF. To my ears AAC is every bit as good sounding as LDAC and Apt X HD so given that you say you need AAC the KEF is easily at the top of list for things you should consider.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 16
That is why I suggested the KEF. The sound signature is very good and because they are on sale often the money you would be spending on the ANC aspect is more than offset by the reduced price. If you find the XM3 too bass heavy as I did the KEF is not at all like that. The bass is pretty darn tight and detailed. Seriously, do some research on the KEF. It didn't take off because the collaboration with Porsche Design and the great build quality increased the cost. Not to mention at the time it was released many new Bluetooth headphones were coming with Apt X HD and LDAC support making people look past the SBC, AAC and Apt X only support of the KEF. To my ears AAC is every bit as good sounding as LDAC and Apt X HD so given that you say you need AAC the KEF is easily at the top of list for things you should consider.
I'll take a look, thanks :)

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 16
Like I believe I said I’m not a Bluetooth headphone person I have quite a few and for me none of them sound as good as a cheaper set of wired ones. That is just my experience take it for what it’s worth. If you want a better sounding headphone then get a wired one. As far as LDAC goes it didn’t make the XM3’s sound so much better or at all to me. Look I understand the convenience of wireless but they still don’t have the fidelity of a wired connection in my opinion.
Undoubtedly, an implementation by wired headphones is better than bluetooth, for this I have FiiO. I am looking for some Bluetooth Over-Ear to study quietly with music for long periods or just watch a movie or play, it may not need as much audio quality but I really did not like the sound signature of the xm3 and the feeling of the ANC at all it was disturbing to my ears.

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #11 of 16
The Dali I heard at the last CqnJam in NYC I have to say they were the worst ones I heard over the weekend.
As people say there may be a big difference between what u hear in a CamJam and what u hear at home... What I hear in the Dali is more or less what the different reviews says: beautiful sound clear and detailed with "light" bass. And with a battery life up to 60 hours i think they deserve some attention. They are expensive but the overall built quality is excellent. Before buying them i tried the Sony wh-1000xm3 and the Sennheiser Momentum 3 but the clear sound of the Dali io-4 was much sweeter to my ears.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #12 of 16
Hello again, I am still looking for good over-ear bluetooth headphones, now I have android so if you have LDAC it would be very good, although my idea is to use them with the notebook that owns Aptx.
I was watching the DALIs and they are very good but they are very expensive, I was looking for something less.
I was thinking about audio technique but I did not read very good reviews of the design of the Ath Dsr7bt.
Any other model that you could recommend me?

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #13 of 16
Hello again, I am still looking for good over-ear bluetooth headphones, now I have android so if you have LDAC it would be very good, although my idea is to use them with the notebook that owns Aptx.
I was watching the DALIs and they are very good but they are very expensive, I was looking for something less.
I was thinking about audio technique but I did not read very good reviews of the design of the Ath Dsr7bt.
Any other model that you could recommend me?
What do you consider good in terms of sound characteristics? What you think as good may not match what others think is good so maybe give a little more information about what good sounds like to you.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #14 of 16
What do you consider good in terms of sound characteristics? What you think as good may not match what others think is good so maybe give a little more information about what good sounds like to you.
I'm looking for a neutral or warm sound like that of the Fiio f9 pro. I do not like the intense bass of all the headphones that exist today, the sony xm3 were too much bass.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #15 of 16
I'm looking for a neutral or warm sound like that of the Fiio f9 pro. I do not like the intense bass of all the headphones that exist today, the sony xm3 were too much bass.
Easy answer then. I have the XM3 by the way and agree the bass is too much, but with equalization I took the bass down and they sounded brilliant. I would seriously recommend that you get the KEF Space One wireless. Fantastic sounding headphone with bass that is basically neutral, but still has impact. Really nicely tuned headphone, but from a great British speaker company so that should be no surprise. Highly recommend the KEF and I have owned quite a few Bluetooth headphones. In fact, wireless is my go to method of connectivity in general. Since getting the KEF I rarely reach for the Sony despite really enjoying the Sony's signature after the bass was trimmed back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back