Best headphones in the 200 range
Oct 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 7

OP, I've tried both the MDR-1R and the UE6000, I like the UE6000 just a little bit more because of the more impactful bass. Not to mentoin you can get the UE600 for 110$ brand new. Best buy had it for 99$ a few weeks ago.

The Dt770 is the most overrated headphone of all time. It sounds hollow and the volume on it is rather low.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 7
Never heard the 1R but I have the UE6000. I think my Yamaha Pro 400 is far better. Even the K550 is. The UE6000 has a real nice tonality but it just lacks in treble energy. All 3 of these can be had between $150 and $200 new depending on what Amazon is selling for. Check the history at camelcamelcamel.com

It also depends what your source is, output impedance matters a lot. If classical is similar to film scores, the Yamaha can handle those and electronic music very well(is able to provide subwoofer type bass for electronica while keeping the sound exceptionally clear). Electronic and dance music sounds nice on a lot of other phones, but the subwoofer type bass is missing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back