1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best headphones in price range of $150-200

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vixthrax, Apr 16, 2013.
  1. vixthrax
    Hi,i am new to the forums and this is my first post. I am planning on buying a pair of headphones. I need a headphone that can deliver on pretty much every spectrum of music as i pretty much listen to all genres of music. Format will be 320kbps. I will be watching movies too on my laptop.

I have been looking at the Audio Technica M-50, Ultrasone HFI-580, Shure SRH840 and the Grado SR225i. I will be listening to music on the Iphone and on my laptop. I will be throwing it into my backpack. I have looked at the reviews but i am still undecided. I don't have an amplifier. I will like it to be comfy too and i might listen to them outside. Any suggestion for other headphones will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. silence2-38554
    I love the SRH840's & they sound great powered from an ipod, but man do they look goofy. The radius of the headband is just so big, they may be a tad awkward to wear around outside... I just have them for studio use.

3. Limniscate
    I would look in the For Sale forum for some AKG K550, Beyerdynamic DT990, DT770.  They can usually be found for $200 or less.