Best headphones I can find for 100-200$ price range.
Oct 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

kldge

New Head-Fier
Hey in looking for the best headphones I can get for 100-150$ I want to try not to spend more than 150 but I have 200. Anyway any recommendations? I listen to primarily dubstep/highly paced electronic. So far the best I've looked at and the most I've looked at are v-moda crossfade LP, however I looked around and places have had
Good and bad reviews
So I thought getting direct responses would be better. Beats are COMPLETELY out of the question I had some once treated them great and they broke in 3 weeks, used the warranty and the pair They sent me was Already broken. Anyway any recommendations it would really help. Over ear or on ear only please. also guys i am not much of an audio file i just got some trust issues from beats.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 23
I bought some sleek red ath-m50s on amazon used(very good condition) for about $120. Even the regular price at around $160, it's a great deal. If you wanted you could also purchase the shure sh840 velour earpads if you don't like the stock pleather ones.

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 23
For this genres I have the VModa M80. It sounds GREAT! with EDM music and Dubstep Etc. You can find it sometimes for 148 US Dollars in Amazon. Other option is the Audio Technica AthPro700MK2. From the reviews i can understand that this headphone is a bass monster in a good way (Not really overpowering, great amount of bass with quality) You can find it Sometimes for 150 or 160 US Dollars in Amazon

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 23
  For this genres I have the VModa M80. It sounds GREAT! with EDM music and Dubstep Etc. You can find it sometimes for 148 US Dollars in Amazon. Other option is the Audio Technica AthPro700MK2. From the reviews i can understand that this headphone is a bass monster in a good way (Not really overpowering, great amount of bass with quality) You can find it Sometimes for 150 or 160 US Dollars in Amazon

ok. but i listen to high bass dubstep and the more fast paced styles with more focus on the flow. will the M80's fit both very well? for example.
this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_tIymoqtJQ
verses this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl7keidAvpU

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 23
For dubstep, I too recommend the M80/V80.

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 23
  ok. but i listen to high bass dubstep and the more fast paced styles with more focus on the flow. will the M80's fit both very well? for example.
this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_tIymoqtJQ
verses this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl7keidAvpU

I´m listening this songs right now. In the first song Crusaders-Destroid, the M80 sound signature benefits to its joy (Great Bass, Pronounced Mids, little recessed highs). Sound really great. In the other song Ascension (MitiS Remix)-Dope Arcade, Eargasm :p.

Take this opinion with a grain of salt because for this specific genres i love the sound sig of the M80 (Like i said before, Great bass, Pronounced mids, little recessed highs). 

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 23
The M80 in this moment is priced $189,95 US Dollars, However the V80 is the same headphone with some red accents for the series "TrueBlood" something like that. The V80 in this moment is priced $150.34 US Dollars (Prices in amazon USA)

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #9 of 23
  The M80 in this moment is priced $189,95 US Dollars, However the V80 is the same headphone with some red accents for the series "TrueBlood" something like that. The V80 in this moment is priced $150.34 US Dollars (Prices in amazon USA)

ive never heard of true blood. this is an accessory first world problem overload :frowning2:. i might just end up getting the true bloods and idk putting black paint over where it says true blood, couldnt look that bad could it? either way i have other things i want to purchase and if i get headphones over 150 i wont afford them for a pretty long time.

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 23
  ive never heard of true blood. this is an accessory first world problem overload :frowning2:. i might just end up getting the true bloods and idk putting black paint over where it says true blood, couldnt look that bad could it? either way i have other things i want to purchase and if i get headphones over 150 i wont afford them for a pretty long time.

C'mon the trueblood edition is acceptable :p The red finish in one or other area is not as bad as you can think. http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-True-Blood-V-80-Noise-Isolating/dp/B0058M3RXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383106068&sr=8-1&keywords=v80

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #12 of 23
yeah you know what i think ill get them and everywhere it says true blood all i have to do is put a little bit of tape or paint no big deal. even though it says it a lot. thanks for the help guys.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #14 of 23
There really is no best I suppose. See if you can find the following in a store to listen to and sometimes they can be had for the price you want or lower/higher on amazon all depending. 

AKG 240
AKG 550
Senn hd280
Yamaha Pro 400-Think this will be the best of the lot for your electronic music. I waited til amazon dropped the price to $150ish. Sometimes they can be as high as $300.

You're better off going and listening to stuff more than anything else. 

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #15 of 23
  There really is no best I suppose. See if you can find the following in a store to listen to and sometimes they can be had for the price you want or lower/higher on amazon all depending. 

AKG 240
AKG 550
Senn hd280
Yamaha Pro 400-Think this will be the best of the lot for your electronic music. I waited til amazon dropped the price to $150ish. Sometimes they can be as high as $300.

You're better off going and listening to stuff more than anything else. 

sadly the only stores i live near that would have these headphones are walmart target and best buy. there are no audio stores anywhere near here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back