Best headphones for working out @ the gym?
Jul 11, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #16 of 28
i've used several shures at the gym. no annoying microphonics or anything. they work great except when some guy's yelling at you to get off a machine. i recommend using them with the triflange tips. and pushing them in to get a tight seal. i used to use foamies, but the sweat gets through and got into my e5s and they stopped working. luckily the worked again after they dried.

Jul 11, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #18 of 28
Because the gym I go to isn't really that noisy, I've been using the KSC-75s and they are awesome, but I don't know how they'd hold out for running and stuff, because I mainly do weight and resistance training.
The EX-71s aren't bad either, but they are harder to hear if someone is talking to you.

Jul 12, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #21 of 28
my one choice for workout: sony ex71:

medium isolation
short cable (I do not use the extension cable)
strong bass and ok sound

Jul 12, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
my one choice for workout: sony ex71:

medium isolation
short cable (I do not use the extension cable)
strong bass and ok sound

How's it sound with the Cali?

Jul 12, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Koss KSC35.

That's what I use. It bassy sound really helps me keep pumped up, it's light enough to stay on when running and cheap enough to not be overly cautious with it.

Oct 11, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #26 of 28
I'm also looking for the best phones to use jogging and at the gym. I already own E4c's, which are fine for weight workouts (I use the foam tips), but sweat buildup becomes an issue when doing cardio or running. Anybody have specific suggestions for decent-sounding sweat resistant phones?

Oct 11, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostonears
I'm also looking for the best phones to use jogging and at the gym. I already own E4c's, which are fine for weight workouts (I use the foam tips), but sweat buildup becomes an issue when doing cardio or running. Anybody have specific suggestions for decent-sounding sweat resistant phones?

I honestly like the sweat buildup. I Use E2c's with foamies and I find those the best especially when I sweat. It gives it an ever tighter seal!

Oct 11, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #28 of 28
I always used the sony behind the ears ones simply because they were really convenient for both working out and running.

I would want to say px100s but they would have to be disposable to you because they will get all sweaty and yucky - so I still use my sucky sonys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back