Best headphones for use with the cowon D2
Jul 5, 2009 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BaudlyDamage

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, i am looking for the best headphones for use with The cowon D2. For those of you who are not familair with cowon products, they are PMPs with some of the top rated audio quality out there. what i need is a protable closed headphone that can sound exelent and be powered by The cowon d2. I listen to techno, classic rock, punk rock and heavy metal. I am looking to spend less than 200$.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 3
i found the dt770 to sound quite decent with the d2. iems - i found severely lacking, but the dt770 is great. big bass, pretty tight sound and a very linear presentation for a closed headphone. they can be had (if you live in the states) for 155 from ebay from a reputable seller.

for a little more, the dj1pro are amazing - they do every genre very well but don't isolate as well and have a more futuristic look - unless used, prepare to send 200-250$ for them.

for others, i have only listened for a few moments so cannot comment.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 3
I used to own a D2 and trust me, go for something with a highish impedance & an a slight emphasis on warmth. The D2 sucked with my old Super.Fi's which had an impedance of 13! Hissy, cold and no bass. Eek.

Or should I say the Super.Fi's sucked with my D2...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back