Best headphones for under £120
Jul 31, 2012 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ThegreatBoner

Head-Fier
First of all I'd like to say I'm completely clueless when it comes to headphones and this will be my first pair of big ones (Own Senn CX-870 and Klipsch S4 Which I may be selling) I've already asked at a non expert forum and got the general consensus that the best I could get was the Audio-Technica ATH M50 or one of Senn HD models i.e the 558

I listen to all sorts of music depending on the mood I'm in, so that ranges from stuff like Crystal castles to Mic Righteous to Kid Cudi to Iron Maiden ( Electro, Rap, Hip hop and Rock) . The headphones need to sound good but need to kinda look good as well. I'd pretty much be using them everyday so yh, would like to hear some suggestions. Oh and I wouold probably be able to stretch over the budget by like £20/£25 but no more really 
size]

I'd be using the headphones to walk from where I'll be living and to my Uni, so will prob be using it there and prob in the library when doing work, which means I can't really have them leaking with noise :l

So yh would really like to hear some suggestions on what I should get :)

EDIT: I honestly have no idea why my username is 'ThegreatBoner' so just ignore that :p

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 8
I think you will like:

V-MODA M-80  / M-100 (releasing in Sept)

Ultasones - HFI 580/780/ Pro 750

Phillips Uptown (maybe)

Phiaton ? 

They all look good, sound good....and maybe:

Amped SRH940 / 840 could be of interest too...

Do try to get an amp :)

Cheerz !

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 8
Yh I'm prob gonna wait till Sept anyway so will check out the M-100 but won't prob get them if they're near the £200 mark (which I think they will be considering the M-80 are £150 atm)
I'm also considering the AKG K550, anyone have any views on them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back