Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip hop and rock. Please suggest and help me I'm so confused and a newbie
Jul 31, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #19 of 64
Get to a Best Buy or Guitar Center and demo some. 

Yep. Until you have listened to a few headphones and can tell us about how you liked the bass, highs, and mids in at least a couple of well known models, we have no basis to help you tease out recommendations further. You might as well flip a coin between the headphones recommended so far.

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #20 of 64
Why rule out AKG? I listen primarily to electronic and hip hop and love my Q701. Just because it doesn't have over emphasized bass does not mean it's insufficient for the genres OP listens to.

- Roy

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #21 of 64
I listen to most of the dubstep artists he listed, and I know when I'm waiting for the drop, I wanna feel the bass.

The Q701 can do dubstep well, but I only liked mine after I did the bass mod. The Q701's sound is so boring otherwise, IMO.

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #22 of 64
Why rule out AKG? I listen primarily to electronic and hip hop and love my Q701. Just because it doesn't have over emphasized bass does not mean it's insufficient for the genres OP listens to.

- Roy

Because any headphone newbie that likes dubstep and electronic and says that they like bass, almost ALWAYS wants more bass than the Q701s :wink:

But yes. I enjoy listening to dubstep and electronic music with my K612 at times too.

:)

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #25 of 64
Listen to everything you can. Take notes on the different models of what you like or want to improve. Then people can help you :)

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #26 of 64
I'm a big fan of the Beyerdynamics DT8800s for a broad selection of music, as an all in one it combines decent sub bass, with an airy sound stage, with sweet vocals - when amped properly the 600ohm version really is in a league of its own

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #27 of 64
Hi all!
I went to guitar Center today and tried ATH M50x. But I think the bass was missing clearly and also sounds like music doesn't open up.
I Need more bass and focus on vocals and trance. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back