Best headphones for the bass?
Dec 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
This is what I'm looking for:
-durable
-emphasized bass (I'm a bass head)
-closed back (I don't want too much sound to bleed out)
-noise canceling and/or isolating (I'm not using these words interchangeably, I'm asking for either both or one or the other)

So far
I've looked at:
-Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
-Vmoda LP, LP2 and m-100
-AKG K550 (not bassy but I heard it's pretty good at noise isolation)

I've looked at ATH M-50 but I've heard they're inferior (bass wise) to the COP.

Help please?

I basically want headphones that block outside noise, allow me to blast my music without people being able to hear it as loud as I can (obviously people will hear it, but like If I'm in a car with my family, I don't want the noise to interfere with their activities.) and have great bass and comfortable for long periods of time. MY BUDGET IS >250$

Dec 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 6
i personally love my v-moda m80, but their isolation isn't the best there is, though i can deal with it. Their bass is also emphasized in the right place, the sub bass. 

I also suggest ultrasone headphones. particularly the HFI-780

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 6
I've used the M100 & LP. M100 sound great. LP are dirt cheap can find em for $70 sometimes. both would be good at satisfying your basshead urges.

i've also tried the akg k550. bass is not boosted at all, but bass quality & extension is great if you can get a good fit/seal. however, probably not what you are looking for. cross out the akg k550 & replace w/ the akg k545 (portable version w/ more bass).

I would recommend the M100 if you can afford the $300 for bassy music. If you are only looking to spend $200, go to razerdog to buy the akg k545. If you are sub-$100 budget, the LPs are great for bass-heavy music (not considered audiophile aka balanced sound, but great consumer-oriented sound at a very low price). i've never heard the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back