Best headphones for that are comfy enough for the gym? (Under $40-50)
Oct 10, 2006 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

TeaQue

Head-Fier
I used to wear my Shure E3Cs but after you get really sweaty they become pretty uncomfy so I dunno about another set of in-ear earbuds
redface.gif

I broke my Shures and got a brand new set of Shures under warranty but I always end up using a crappy set that came with my MP3 player because I dont wanna mess them up so they are currently for sale.

So what do you guys think?

Creative EP630s?

Oct 10, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485
I don't like iems for gym as sweat tends to drip in and I'm afraid of ruining mine. Instead, I use ksc75s and they work really well.

Hmmmmm

those are just so......dorky looking
lambda.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 19
What other options do I have?

And what other IEMs are good for under $50? (preferably closer to 40)

Oct 11, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 19
How do you guys feel about the CX300s compared to the EP630?

Wheres the best place to buy either?

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 19
Well perhaps I'll give them a try.

But hell, at this price I can afford the Koss headphones as well as the CX300's or EP630's so I still have a set of IEM's.

Wheres the best place to buy these? Amazon?

Oct 11, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeaQue
Well perhaps I'll give them a try.

But hell, at this price I can afford the Koss headphones as well as the CX300's or EP630's so I still have a set of IEM's.

Wheres the best place to buy these? Amazon?

I have a pair of CX300's. I got them off ebay for ~$30 Canadian. THey came in a brand new retail package. They sound and look legit to me (although I really have nothing to compare them to except my stock apple earbuds and my Sennheiser RS110). So you might want to go look at ebay.

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #10 of 19
How do you like them?

Does the cord produce any "noise" when you move it around?

Thats the only bad thing I've heard about the Creative EP630's

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeaQue
How do you like them?

Does the cord produce any "noise" when you move it around?

Thats the only bad thing I've heard about the Creative EP630's

ooh come on they're 20 30 bucks. get it and you'll know how good they are

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz
ooh come on they're 20 30 bucks. get it and you'll know how good they are

That doesn't really help anything.

I know they're cheap as hell, thats why I'm considering them. However if they have a **** load of noise from the cable I'm going to get annoyed fairly quickly.

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #13 of 19
Personally I just got the igrados for that exact purpose, and love them. Todd at TTVJ is offering a $10 discount if you've never purchased there before, so they come to $46 after shipping, within your budget. They are slightly big, so when I'm outside in the cold its a blessing, but when I go for a run on the treadmill it can get annoying. Overall I am more than willing to deal with it for the sound quality.

Target

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Target1
Personally I just got the igrados for that exact purpose, and love them. Todd at TTVJ is offering a $10 discount if you've never purchased there before, so they come to $46 after shipping, within your budget. They are slightly big, so when I'm outside in the cold its a blessing, but when I go for a run on the treadmill it can get annoying. Overall I am more than willing to deal with it for the sound quality.

Target

Hmmm thanks for the suggestion but those things would look/feel really goofy on my big head
frown.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #15 of 19
Well IEM's should be fine for the gym as you don't sweat inside your ear canals, just use a towel on your head and ears before you remove them.

there is an article on the westone site relevent to this thread Link

I use IEM's in the gym and have done for along time and never had a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back