best headphones for pc gaming?
Dec 31, 2004 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PyroKL

New Head-Fier
Looking for a set of middle end headphones that'll be good for pc gaming and a bit of music. Speakers are cool and all but other people in the house need to sleep at night. These will be for home use exclusively, so size is irrelevant, but I do want lotsa comfort and it's gotta be mildly affordable, preferably under $200. Any suggestions?

Dec 31, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 12
DT770 +1
cool.gif

Jan 1, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 12
I like my a900's, I was playing cs last night with them for the first time (just got them) and I basically knew when someone was around the corner every time.

Jan 1, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 12
My HD280pro works great in Quake3 and it doesn't require an amp. Very detailed sound, great isolation, good sub-bass, a little tight yet comfortable. I would definitely recommend them for $70 at etronics.com or you could talk your local ABC Warehouse dealer down to that price.

Jan 1, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregr507
I like my a900's, I was playing cs last night with them for the first time (just got them) and I basically knew when someone was around the corner every time.

Even my grados do this well so I guess the size of the soundstage doesn't really matter for gaming, any decent headphones are better than crappy pc/tv speakers for guessing where bullets and footsteps are coming from.

Jan 1, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 12
yea, i play CS with my Grado SR225's and i know where everyone is at all times. and the thunder.......*drool*. However $200 is a large price to pay just for gaming...and im sure there are better ones for gaming that are alot cheaper...but im just saying...they sound decent for gaming, and amazing for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back