best headphones for n95
Nov 8, 2007 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jinx20001

Headphoneus Supremus
i recently got a hefty memory card for my N95 so i can listen to music on the go without worrying too much about bringing my portable equipment, pocket space reason ( N95,ipod 80gb,shure se530 and wallet in 2 pockets = pants down to ankles)

i gotta say the audio isnt terrible from the N95 but its nothin great at all, the fact my music is encoded at 45kbps on the phone dont help (
icon10.gif
yes i laffed when i realised aswell,i wondered why i could fill a 4gb card up with so much) but i soon found out my se530 didnt pair up well with the phone so what can people recommend me???

Thanks guys/gals jay

Nov 8, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i gotta say the audio isnt terrible from the N95 but its nothin great at all, the fact my music is encoded at 45kbps on the phone dont help

Id rather listen to silence than that.

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 8
i know guys i know lol ive re encoded all music to the max capable on the phone to 160kbps after discovering the rate i had it set on, i realised all of my headphones were too good really...i think im going to stick with the bulk in my pockets due to carrying too much than live with the poor sound the phone puts out...

the reason i asked is because if i can get cheap earphones that dont point out bad quality then it may be worth leaving the trusty ipod in favour of keeping my pants on but hey id be downgrading big time and ive just realised how stupid that would be the money ive spent

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Id rather listen to silence than that.

seriously that sounds hideous

I'd buy an iphone over that any day just cause it does lossless

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 8
i never originally brought the n95 for music playback the camera,features and overall quality makes the iphone look poor, on the specs sheet anyway.

i just realised the other day my new n95 had a proper headphone jack so i thought i may aswell take advantage of it and ill be honest, it isnt terrible, but when switching from the phone to the ipod with the same se530 the difference is obvious.

which is to be expected sound wise...but this is why i ask for some cheap earphones that dont make poor quality stand out...i dont usually use poor earphones or music equipment but as i cant keep my jeans up (if you look at the first post you know why) i need to find easier ways of listening whilst lets say...jogging

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 8
buy a cheap coby. I remeber read a post a while back that a member bought a crappy coby and said it was very forgiving on artifact and such on super low quality mp3 like that found in samples in online music stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back